Bingo Question

Bookmarker

I have found Bingo to be offered on Sea days only, once a day. Only not offered when cruising scenic waters, such as cruising Antarctica as most passengers want to be on deck. I believe it is 5 games for $20 with the jackpot going up until the last Bingo event of the Cruise. Needless to say I play BINGO! PAT CC

On a 15 day cruise approximately how many times will bingo be offered? How many games of bingo are played during each session?

As many times as they can squeeze it in. Usually at 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM, depending whether or not the ship is in port 1/2 day or whether it's a sea day. You can almost bet on twice a day bingo during sea days.

Pia

We just got off the Emerald 12 day Greek Isles - very port intensive cruise but they squeezed in bingo about 6 times - twice on the 2 sea days - but they had the old fashioned paper bingo cards that you had to use a dobber or a pen to mark the numbers:mad:of course they sold dobbers for $1.50 but what do you do with it after bingo:confused: ..so most people had to run to their cabins to get a pen .....most ships have the cards that you push through the numbers... so FYI -

We just got off the Emerald 12 day Greek Isles - very port intensive cruise but they squeezed in bingo about 6 times - twice on the 2 sea days - but they had the old fashioned paper bingo cards that you had to use a dobber or a pen to mark the numbers:mad:of course they sold dobbers for $1.50 but what do you do with it after bingo:confused: ..so most people had to run to their cabins to get a pen .....most ships have the cards that you push through the numbers... so FYI -

AFAIK, Princess has done away with the push cards completely and now only uses the daubers. What do you do with them? You take them home and wait for your next Princess cruise. :D

AFAIK, Princess has done away with the push cards completely and now only uses the daubers. What do you do with them? You take them home and wait for your next Princess cruise. :D

Pia, oh that is bad news. We were on the Coral in May and they still had the push cards. I can just see getting dauber junk all over me :D

Bummer - Not sure why Princess would do this - our cruise in summer 07 we still had push through cards...the doobers (sp??) are a mess and you have to pack them in checked luggage due to TSA - so leakage problems and they usually dry up before your next cruise.....hope this is just a short term deal and they go back to push through cards!!!:rolleyes:

Pia, oh that is bad news. We were on the Coral in May and they still had the push cards. I can just see getting dauber junk all over me :D

The dauber ink is washable. Believe me..........I know. :eek: I guess not all the ships have them yet. We'll be on the Crown soon; will find out.

YEP - you are right, it usually is twice a day on sea days. I have not been on any of the smaller ships, only taken cruises os the larger ships which had plenty of sea days, also in all cases had the paper punch out cards. I'll be sailing in Nov on the Star again, so guess I can take a daubber along. I can well see why they want to switch, it willl eliminate all the explaining done in using the puch out type some people seem not to be able to understand. I don't mind taking a daubber along, just happy to know ahead of time so will not have to buy one. PAT CC

Archived