How early do you pack???

Terry305

lol our friends that are going with us had not start yet and she thinks i am fried for doing it , lol, I just talked to her in the phone and at the end of the conversation she sort of agree and said she will start soon. lol.

She even wants to read cruise critic lol.

Unfortunately we do not have a spare room, if not I would have started already. But what I did do 3 months in advance is a packing list with every single thing that is going to get packed. It's so exciting once you see your luggage start to get full. I will pack 1-2 days before the cruise. :D

Wow, some of you pack so early:D

I leave tomorrow for England for 5 days pre-cruise and a 12 night Baltics cruise. I got the suitcases out this morning:eek:

I'll pack tonight before bed, that way our stuff won't be so wrinkled.

I do keep a carry on and my toilettries bag in my closet and toss stuff in there about 2 weeks before.

Now, the research, private tours, flights all the logistics, well that's been 16 months in the works, since we got off our Med cruise last May and booked the Baltics a week later:D

Gotta go, I've got my 5 kids bags to pack to go to my sisters for the first week of our trip, my niece comes for the last 10 days. I spend more time packing their stuff than ours for the cruise.

I dont leave till Nov 2. I am gonna start this weekend.:D and this is why. Me and hubby went on our first cruise about 3 years ago we were so unorganized didnt know what to pack or anything. Well of course I did all the packing. I didnt realize people really dress down for formal night I felt so out of place. Well to make a long story short my husband wears a sz 38 in pants somehow he still had a pair pf 34's lying around the house I didnt look at the sz of the pants because i thought he had throw all his small clothes out well Lord and Behold he didnt. We he got ready to put them on he sais these are 34's I cant wear these. Just so happen one of the formal night were freestyle and he however managed to get into the pants :p (he was said I am so balled up I know too much info) but he was like I am not getting on that floor because as soon as I do my pants will split in the back so I tell everyone to start early unless you want the kind of horror I had lol:D :p

I LOVE packing!!! About 3 - 3 1/2 mos. out, I start planning out our activities/excursions. I make a list, by day and activity, so I know what type of outfit we will need. Then, I plan the attire accordingly, down to undergarments, accessories, and shoes. I do this for both myself and my husband. (He stopped being allowed to pack when he forgot socks, underwear, and sneakers on the same cruise!) Now that I have my daughter, I am super excited that this will require extra preparation! It is all part of the fun!

I also have a cruise closet in my guest bedroom where all of the usual items are stored in one location. Once I figure out the outfits, I hang them in there. (I usually cruise in the winter, so I am not using any of my summer items then.)

I am obsessed!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to pack really early, but now I only start about a week before..........We're leaving Friday morning to head to Orlando for our Saturday embarkation, so my suitcase is open and all the non-clothing items are packed. I have everything ironed and hanging ready to be packed on Wednesday evening cause we're staying at the airport hotel on Thursday evening for a very early flight.

Everybody is different. I have a friend that starts throwing stuff at her suitcase 2/3 weeks in advance. Then she weeds it about a week out.

Personally' date=' I take the same things every time so packing is a no-brainer. I pack the morning of the flight. Takes about 20-25 minutes to fill up my 21" roll-on-board which is the only suitcase I ever travel with.

Onboard, 10 minutes and I'm done unpacking.[/quote']

Wow! You can make do with a 21":eek: for a 7 day cruise? I need at least a 27" plus my garment bag, and I have been trying to pack lighter each cruise I take.:o

Archived