How early do you pack???

Terry305

How long before the cruise you start packing??

Ours is 29 days away and I want to get my lugagge and start putting clothe, is this normal???

Please give me some ideas.

Thanks Guys

Yes ,by all means . I am 57 Days out and my suitcases are open and ready. I keep dropping things in. I am sure by cruise time I will have packed and unpacked 10 times. All part of the excitement.:)

Since I usually drive to nearby ports, I don't pack until the night before the cruise. However, I DO have a drawer in my dresser that I keep just for cruise items. That way, the basic stuff is in there, and I add to it until I start packing.:)

How long before the cruise you start packing??

Ours is 29 days away and I want to get my lugagge and start putting clothe, is this normal???

Please give me some ideas.

Thanks Guys

7 or 8 days before I'm going my luggage comes out and I start to pack

Ive been thinking of starting soon

just to see how much space I may need

this will be the first year my son doesnt go

so me and my daughter will have to be able to

handle all the luggage:(

Looking forward to packing ,

looking forward to the cruise

but not looking forward to handling the baggage

might lean to packing light this year

ya know ?

I start about a month before the cruise. I lay everything out on the bed in the spare bedroom and that way when I remember something I forgot I just add to it. Then, a couple days before the cruise I will go back and put away some of the clothes that I decided I didnt need.

The suitcases came out today and I've already tossed two pairs of shorts in the suitcase! I have a Persian cat and he LOVES my suitcase, so to keep the amount of fur I have to pull out I put the shorts down so they can collect the cat hair. I can clean the fur off when I start to throw the rest in the suitcase next weekend.

How long before the cruise you start packing?? ... Please give me some ideas.

Years ago I finally realized it's not the packing that takes the time, it's deciding what to pack.

I start making a packing list a couple of months in advance. With a clear and comprehensive list in hand, I can finish the actual packing in no more than 2 hours. So, I pack just before leaving (which may be the night before if we have an early morning departure).

I've gotten to the point where some things just never leave the suitcase... toilet stuff, swimming/snorkling things, our cruise travel mugs, etc. Why take it out to put it back in? :D . The card table comes out 2-3 months before and as we find/think of things we want to take, it lives there until a week or so before we leave. Right now, it is busy collecting Halloween stuff for our Oct. 30th cruise!

Heck, we don't leave for a little less than four months... but if I didn't have company coming next week my suitcase would be on the guest best accepting travel neccesities.

I like to make my travel need purchases a little at a time so that the budget doesn't take a big hit at one time.

My biggest challenge is that DH and I have been losing a lot of weight and will continue to do so until the cruise so we have no idea what size we will be in or if we will have any summer wear that will fit.

We leave in a little less than 2 months, and I've already started laying things out on the bed in the spare room. I usually don't break the suitcases out until about 2 or 3 weeks before a trip though. So yeah, go ahead and start packing your bags! Have a great cruise! :)

I begin getting bathroom and beach things together the week before, as well as making sure dressier things are ok. Since we cruise in May and it's not that warm here yet I pull out what I'll need during the week. I finish the morning we leave. We also have cats who would LOVE to have a bed of clothes. Dh does his packing 1-2 days before.

Archived