Pacific Sun 20th Sept - weather

gingerja

Hi all, just received tickets etc, getting excited now, and ship being refurbished only 2 weeks before we jump on, nice. Now weather, the brochure says the average daily temps are only 21 - 23, would you all agree with this (for those who have been before at similar time), thought it would be quite a bit warmer!!!! Or does the humidity make it seems warmer?:rolleyes:

Hi all, just received tickets etc, getting excited now, and ship being refurbished only 2 weeks before we jump on, nice. Now weather, the brochure says the average daily temps are only 21 - 23, would you all agree with this (for those who have been before at similar time), thought it would be quite a bit warmer!!!! Or does the humidity make it seems warmer?:rolleyes:

Gingerjar,

Weather should be good, sunny days, could be a little cool at night. I will take a cardigan for evenings.

Currently the weather in Brisbane area is about 21 and by September it is usually warmer.

Shouldn't be to much humidity as it is not the wet season, probably pretty much perfect. Water will be warmish so fine for snorkling etc.

hi Gingerja,

I agree with Glenda that the weather should be lovely. Noumea is a similar latitude to Rockhampton and Vila is even further north than Townsville. I think the temperature in the middle of winter would be close to 23-24, but it will certainly be warmer in September. I would expect it to be 27-28. Perfect. Enjoy.:):)

Expect slightly warmer than that - we did the Week Fantastique last september (7th-15th) and we swam at Lifou. It'll probably be wet and steamy at Vila (it always is).

This year, we are in Noumea on 20/9 - our last port before heading back to Sydney - I'll try and post from there and let you know what the weather's like out there, as you'll be there on the 22nd.

Kym

Hi we were on the Sun last year in the last week of September. It was warm on the islands and varied from about 26-30 degrees. Out on the deck it was quite pleasant especially after the first day of travelling. I did find the airconditioning on the boat quite cool though (take some cardigans or a jacket). Have a great cruise!

Archived