YOUR Bermuda Expertise Please!!

Shorview75

We arrive in Bermuda on a Monday at 9:15 AM and stay in port (Kings Wharf) overnight and then have most of the day on Tuesday in port (depart at 4 PM).

In your opinion, would you spend the first day in St. George (beach during the day, town at night) and then go to the beach in Hamilton on the final day? OR Hit up a beach in St. George that first day and see what we can see that afternoon/early evening and then visit Hamilton that night and then a beach in Hamilton the final/next day?

Thank you for all your help! I am trying to maximize our short time on the island!!

We arrive in Bermuda on a Monday at 9:15 AM and stay in port (Kings Wharf) overnight and then have most of the day on Tuesday in port (depart at 4 PM).

In your opinion, would you spend the first day in St. George (beach during the day, town at night) and then go to the beach in Hamilton on the final day? OR Hit up a beach in St. George that first day and see what we can see that afternoon/early evening and then visit Hamilton that night and then a beach in Hamilton the final/next day?

Thank you for all your help! I am trying to maximize our short time on the island!!

What beach in Hamilton are you referring to? I wasn't aware there was one. The best beaches in Bermuda are on the South shore. Not in St. Georges.

What beach in Hamilton are you referring to? I wasn't aware there was one. The best beaches in Bermuda are on the South shore. Not in St. Georges.

And the South Shore beaches which I agree are the best can be easily accessed from Kings Wharf (Dockyard). Hamilton could enter into going to a south shore beach by doing one of those beaches on the way back, or way to visiting Hamilton. If I was docked at Kings Wharf I would not even do the beaches at St. George. That is not to say St. George is not worth visiting just that I only do the beach there if my ship is docked there.

1) There isn't a beach in Hamilton. Just a city with some shopping and a few points of interest.

2) I'd take the ferry from Dockyards to St. George. Explore the town for a while and then catch a bus back towards Hamilton and stop at some areas along the route - perfume factory, aquarium, Gibbs Hill Light etc then stop in Hamilton and look around for a while. Then take the ferry from Hamilton back to Dockyard. That evening, you can go to the festival at the Dockyard.

3) Tuesday morning, go to Horshoe Bay beach and spend the day there and then head back to Dockyard in time to leave.

2) I'd take the ferry from Dockyards to St. George. Explore the town for a while and then catch a bus back towards Hamilton and stop at some areas along the route - perfume factory, aquarium, Gibbs Hill Light etc then stop in Hamilton and look around for a while. Then take the ferry from Hamilton back to Dockyard. That evening, you can go to the festival at the Dockyard.

There seems to be problems with geography on this board. Gibbs Lighthouse is not on the route from St. George to Hamilton. Also the Perfumery has been in the town of St. George for several years.

Hi -

I love St. George and can't wait to get back there this September and spend the day at Tobacco Bay. The water was great and it is just so beautiful there. Also enjoyed Horseshoe Bay and Elbow Beach - both should not be missed. However, I was not at all impressed with Snorkel Park at Kings Wharf and have no intention of going back there...... Just my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Ronni G.

• 4 weeks later...

There are 3 good beaches within easy walk from St. George: St. Catherines, Alexandra Battery Beach Park (not much of a beach, but this is where you'll find all the sea glass you can carry), Tobacco Bay.

From Hamilton, folks usually take a bus to the beaches which are primary west, but a few are also east.

Hints and tips about Bermuda island transportation, beaches, caves, forts and sea glass. http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html

Archived