Bringing Water On Board

Question....for those that have brought there own water or soft drinks on board, do you actually check the whole case of water or put the bottles in your luggage? DH and I want to bring approximately a case as well as some energy drinks and a few sodas....any suggestions?

We checked a case of water on NCL Dawn with several tags on it and we never saw it again after we gave it to the porters at the pier :mad: Now when I want to bring soda or water I put it in a rolling cooler that looks like just another suitcase. We've had better luck that way :rolleyes:

For years I have been bringing soda and/or water by just duck taping the perimeter of the 12 pack and sticking a luggage tag with our cabin number on it and dropping it off with our luggage to be delivered to our cabin. However, on my Carnival Ecstacy cruise out of Galveston at the end of last month, when we pulled up to the cruise terminal and got a porter to load our luggage and soda, we were told that they were no longer allowed to pick up soda, but that we could carry it on ourselves if we wanted to. We were carrying on a smalled wheeled suitcase anyway so we just sat the 12 pack on top and wheeled it on with no problem. In the future we will pack it in a separate suitcase and have it delivered.

Has anyone else experienced this recently?

I plan on getting some water, slapping the luggage tag on it and giving it to the porter, next week.

The other day when I was at our local grocery store, in the cake mix section I found dehydrated lemon. Not lemonade with artificial sweetner/sugar in it, but pure lemon. It comes in little packages and is the PERFECT size for a bottle of water.

I plan on stocking up and putting it in my luggage. It is great stuff!

I have never had a problem bringing water on ships at all. I just put a luggage tag on each side of the case of water. If I am bringing a large flat of water what I do is get a second bottom from a case I've already used and put it on top and tape it all p so it's stronger. I have never had a problem. As far as soda goes I have put a luggage tag on that too and have gotten it with no problems most of the time.

Archived