Hey Boys, need your input....

OCLadies

For all you boys that cruise (and I'm talking about ships. lol) Europe, I'm curious what your opinions are about Azamara Cruise Line. Has anyone traveled them and if so what did you like/dislike about the experience. I know they are smaller ships carring about 700 passengers, but does anyone have input about cabins (in particuliar suites), food, ports, crew, etc.? My lady and I are planning to cruise Italy/Greece in '09 and just found out about this line. If you have input about other smaller cruise lines, I'd be interested too. I know I can count on you boys!!! :)

Hi OCLADIES,

My partner and I are booked on the Azamara Quest Best of Italy May 16. We were booked on the Olivia Azamara Rome to Barcelona cruise leaving the same day on the Journey but they canceled the trip--which BTW is our honeymoon (we are getting "unionized May 8--might be marriage in NJ by then). Check out the itinerary--we would love to have some family on board!!

Hello Ladies, we are leaving tomorrow for Rome to catch the Azamara Quest on Saturday for a Western Med. cruise, so we should be able to answer any of your questions when we get back after Sept. 22. Have always heard great things about Oceana (which sails the very same ships), and having started to read similarly positive reviews of Azamara recently, I'm hoping to report back with lots of good things to say. :)

Thanks for the info thus far. I look forward to hearing your review Brightonguys. And to TravelingProf...I looked at the Best of but since we've not been to Europe before, some of the ports don't exactly thrill us. Back to our due deligence.....

we took the quest on its 4th trip, around the caribbean. We loved the ship - the size and number of passengers is perfect for us. Very classy, only downside was the food and service - pretty spotty, but it was only a matter of weeks after the launch so I would imagine it has improved since then. We can't wait to spot a good price and travel once more.

Azamara is a Celebrity product. You know how Celebrity is a fancier version of Royal Caribbean? Azamara is a fancier version of Celebrity. They're on par with Disney or maybe at the low end of the Regent spectrum.

Archived