A Tanzania Land Question

jmlh

We realize that this is a cruise forum but would like advise from a well travelled group. Next summer, DH & I would like to do a land tour (safari) to Tanzania and possibly Kenya. Would anyone be able to give us some words of advise and recommend a reputable company?:)

Hi,

Last Sept. we did a safari in Kenya and Tanzania. The place I found the most information was on "Fodors.com" in the "Africa and the Middle East" forum. There is a whole thread all about other peoples safaris and their trip reports. It is called "New East Africa Trip Report Index", it is in the second 50 posts around 75 right now. You will find so much information it will leave your head spinning. You will also get some ideas about which tour companies to use. We used a Tanzanian company who had an office in Florida so it was a little easier to pay. Also the time of year will help you decide where to go. Since we went in Sept. we just had to be in the Masai Mara, Kenya for the migration but also saw Amboseli in Kenya and the Serengeti, Ngorogoro Crater, Lake Manyara and Tarangire in Tanzania.

Julie

I agree with Julie - Fodors.com is great. We went on safari in Tanzania the first two weeks of July with a company that came highly recommended on the web site - Good Earth tours - http://www.goodearthtours.com They have many suggested itineraries in Tanzania - we went on their migration tour and loved it. For only a little extra ($150 a person), we were able to go privately, with just the two of us in a jeep that sat six. My husband posted his photos on his web site - http://www.pbase.com/michaelblum/tanzania_african_safari

Just like Benita we used Good Earth Tours. We took one of their premade tours, added a few nights, one more park, one internal flight and made it a private safari for four. Because there were four of us we actually saved $150 pp over the regular price. I didn't think about posting my pictures. They are at under the travel section.

Julie

Hi Benita & Julie,

Many thanks for your responses. This information will give us a very good start to planning. We really enjoyed your photos. Many thanks for sharing.

Jan

Archived