New Year's Cruise

sweetlouise

Hi ...

I am not sure which forum I should ask this in but this seemed like a good place!

We just got home from a Mexican Riviera cruise and we can't wait to sail again somewhere. My hsuband and I thought it would be fun to go on a New Year's cruise.

Any suggestions ???? We would be traveling along with our kids, who are 13 and 15. We did Hawaii last year, and have done Mexican Riviera twice (plus I did it once before, along with a Panama Canal cruise that sailed through the same ports) so we don't want to do those again right now.

What is the season for Caribbean? I would love to do St. Thomas and that area.

Thanks,

simmy :-)

Sweetlouise, are you thinking about this year? If so, would suggest you get something booked right away!

DD and I did Caribbean Princess last year at New Years and it was GREAT! Just the best way to spend New Years that I've ever done. DD (was 14) had a great time.

This year we're doing Crown Princess sailing 12/27 goes to Princess Cay, St. Maarten, St Thomas and Grand Turk. Right now there are OV and Bal cabins left but more may open up after final payment at the end of Sept/First of Oct.

It's a pricey vacation but I think so worth it. Carnival Liberty also does Eastern. It was somewhat cheaper. I looked at that one but just wanted to stay with Princess. There are tons of ships to choose from but like I said, hurry and book because they will sell out

Best New years Eve we ever had on the Maasdam in 2002. Holland America makes a big deal with the party, balloons, formal night, countdown at midnight, confetti the whole nine yards. Well worth doing if you can afford the higher fares. Caribbean at that time of year is great...after huricaine season.

i'm booked on the MSC Lirica for this NYE. the kids cruise FREE! we got a great deal and i'm looking forward to cruising on this line. i'm sure this particular ships quad cabins are sold out though as there aren't a lot of them.

i'm not too thrilled about the itinerary but i'll just HAVE to deal with it :)

Thanks everyone. I have looked at a few cruises online and can't believe how much of a price increase there is from a Dec. 7 cruise compared to a Dec. 29 cruise!!! I saw some 5-day Eastern or Western CAribbean cruises but I think we'll probably have to wait until summer. Besides cruise price (which wouldn't be that bad) we would have $800/pp airfare for the 4 of us. Yikes !!! We are from California so would have to fly to Miami or Tampa.

I am such a last minute person LOL. When we went to Hawaii last year, we booked the cruise 3 weeks before it left.

I"m going to start booking our cruise next summer for Alaska. I just have to see what dates our DD will be doing summer school next year to get ahead on some courses.

simmy :-)

Archived