Cabin 6125 on Millie to Alaska in Sept 2008

midsouthj

Sailing on Millie for the first time end of September on 14 day Alaskan Cruise. Can anyone share any details on this sky suite cabin. It appears to have an odd layout on the balcony. Has anyone sailed to Alaska this late in year (it is actually the last voyage in 2008) Is there any chance of switching cabins or upgrading day of embarkation? What can we expect weather wise this late in the year?.

Hi Midsouthj,

We sailed the last sailing of Summit in Alaska a few years back. Weather can be cold. Take appropriate clothing. The best perk was that all the stores offered huge discounts (most 1/2 off), as their season was ending. Even the ship's stores had great sales.

Your balcony looks to be larger than the standard SS from the diagram. However, you can try to switch cabins or seek an upgrade at the pier. (You will most-likely have an extra cost for an upgrade.)

Enjoy Alaska,

Thanks Kay. Sounds great, shopping wise. When you say "cold" how cold? I see its now in the 60's and 50's (at nite) but I'm still three weeks away. Will layering the clothes work; or do I really need warm jacket, gloves and etc... Heavy stuff to pack. Was the weather clear. It seems for the past month its been constant rain according to weather alerts and I was wondering about visibility. What is the configuration of a Sky Suite bathroom? Is it shower/tub combo??

Sailing on Millie for the first time end of September on 14 day Alaskan Cruise. Can anyone share any details on this sky suite cabin. It appears to have an odd layout on the balcony. Has anyone sailed to Alaska this late in year (it is actually the last voyage in 2008) Is there any chance of switching cabins or upgrading day of embarkation? What can we expect weather wise this late in the year?.

Join the thread on your cruise (That is if you are leaving 9/22) at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=536456&page=19

Hi again Midsothj,

I have never been in a SS, so I cannot comment on the configuration of the bath. We found gloves and jackets necessary in some ports, and we were earlier in September than you will be. Layers should work if you are used to cooler weather. (We are from the Dallas, Texas area where it stays in the 90's for highs into September and sometimes October.) I took silk underwear to wear under my clothes and slip off in a restroom if it got warmer during the day. I carried a heavy coat over my arm on the airline. I needed it. It was especially cold on deck when we visited the glaciers. It was also quite cold when we took an excursion to the Yukon at Skagway. We only had rain in Juneau, but it always seems to be rainy and cold when we visit there. I'm guessing we had nights that had below freezing temps and days with highs in the 50's or below. A welcome change for Texans. A group from our church cruised the Inside Passage in July and had to buy jackets because it has been an unusually cold and wet summer this year in Alaska.

Happy cruising,

Archived