Price Reduction, OBC, Upgrades????

findingnemoks

Hello All,

I saw someone else on here post a thread about getting a price reduction. I'm a newbie and have no idea how to go about checking for myself or if I am even eligible.

I also need clarification on getting upgrades and receiving OBC for those options.

I booked a specfic cabin with a TA.

Help a newbie out, please, show me the money :D

Start tracking your specific Cruise on your TA's site and on the Carnival Site (using CRUISE SEARCH). If the price on Carnival's site drops noticeably, call your TA and ask for an adjustment; if you're just deposited, you should get your balance due reduced, if you're fully paid, you should get an On Board Credit (OBC) to your on-board account. Carnival is very good about giving these adjustments to those who book direct with them; TA's charge you a change or admin fee each time you do this, or won't do it unless the fare on their site has also dropped, or just won't do it. ken

I have always looked for a price drop and have never been able to find one until now. I have been watching our cruise and the price dropped $40.00 per person. I know it is not a ton but still $40 is $40. I called Carnival and they would not adjust the rate without downgrading my cabin. Is this common I thought they had to honor the new price or am I mistaken?

I have always looked for a price drop and have never been able to find one until now. I have been watching our cruise and the price dropped $40.00 per person. I know it is not a ton but still $40 is $40. I called Carnival and they would not adjust the rate without downgrading my cabin. Is this common I thought they had to honor the new price or am I mistaken?

Did you book a guarantee cabin? If so.....and you were upgraded....you'd have to go back down to your original cabin category

When I booked the carnival rep and I choose the rooms that we would have (3 rooms for our group). At the time the deal was if you were a past guest then you were upgraded from one category of OV to another OV. I guess this is why we are not able to get the better price?

When I booked the carnival rep and I choose the rooms that we would have (3 rooms for our group). At the time the deal was if you were a past guest then you were upgraded from one category of OV to another OV. I guess this is why we are not able to get the better price?

You would get the better price if the NEW category of the upgraded cabin went down below what you paid. If you went from a 4A to a 4C (or whatever cat, I know you said OV), just an example), you would need to look at the price now of the 4C. .. unless you were willing to take the 4A and give up the upgrade.

baileyadog - You booked an OV room with Upgrade. If the current price for that same OV with upgrade has dropped, most PVP's would give you the price drop - for this situation the upgrade shouldn't be a factor. ken

Archived