Showers in the Gym

I am sailing on Explorer soon and wanted to inquire about the size (if there are any) of the showers in the gym. 1) Do they have showers there 2) do they have a section (part of the shower) where you can sit, change/leave your dry clothes before you enter the actual shower?

Thank you!

The showers are quite large compared to teh ones in the inside rooms. There is a separate place to put you clothes, towels and such. Also have lockers if you would like to use those. I dont remember about the soap and shampoo, I think there was a dispenser in the shower stall with a combo of soap/body wash/shampoo. there are towels there.

I would also like to know if they have towels and washclothes or do you have to bring them from your room? What toiletries do they have?

There are no wash clothes but they do have towels, and body soap.

The Explorer had a great shower/changing room area. I think the showers there were much nicer than in the rooms and I liked the soap that they had there.

They also have a very nice steam room and a sauna in the changing room.

You can pick up a key from the Spa so that you can lock up your clothes while you use the gym.

On Voyager class ships you'll love the showers in the Mens Locker room (there are 6 of them) I think the handicap one has a fold down seat. Grab a locker, take a steam and enjoy the larger shower. I usually bring my own soap and shampoo as I found on the last couple of cruises the soap levels were'nt that reliable!

I think over the past 5 cruises I've showered in the room maybe 10 times (out of 35 days) - and staying out of my DW's way when she's getting ready usually makes the evening more enjoyable!

Archived