Star Princess aft suite question

abbydancer2003

Hopefully this will be my last question on the subject.

If you've read my other thread, you know that we are looking at book a suite on the Star Princess. One category we're seriously considering is the PS aft suites.

There are, I think 5 of them. 4 on the Caribe Deck and one on Baja. In other threads, I've heard about "dreaded vents". Do the suites on the Star have this issues? It appears that it appears on some grand class ships but not others. Is the Star one of them.

Also, anything else I should consider when choosing one of these suites (besides availability of course!)?

Thank you all so much.

Hopefully this will be my last question on the subject.

If you've read my other thread, you know that we are looking at book a suite on the Star Princess. One category we're seriously considering is the PS aft suites.

There are, I think 5 of them. 4 on the Caribe Deck and one on Baja. In other threads, I've heard about "dreaded vents". Do the suites on the Star have this issues? It appears that it appears on some grand class ships but not others. Is the Star one of them. It appears that most smells are starbord side aft on Dolphin. If the Star has that problem I am not sure. Myself? I would go Caribe Port side. Or one deck up, ummmmm But thats the BIG Cabin. :D That is about where we were on Diamond and it was a WONDERFUL cabin.

Also, anything else I should consider when choosing one of these suites (besides availability of course!)? ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!! Use the main menu room service when you can. We ALWAYS ate on the balcony and never even went down to a dining room with exception of the buffet and sterlings. The aft cabins block the wind and we could use the balcony all the time. We used the DVD movie service. All in all? These cabins are not cheap. But to US? They are worth it with the free Internet (credited back to you on check out) and the things we talked about above. Hope that helped a bit.

Thank you all so much.

Also Abby,

We have a question to YOU.

We are thinking of an Alaska cruise in the future. IF they dont cancel the US ports.

We would do the 10 dayer from San Francisco Round trip.

Where would a person stay CLOSE to the pier. We would drive to there from here. (Ventura County) Hotel, car housing and that sort of thing.

Any ideas would be grateful.

Thanks

Hi,

This should probably be a separate thread (I'm still looking for specific info on possible vents on the Star), but the pier is very close to Pier 39 and about 1/2 mile from Fisherman's Wharf I think. There are lots of hotels in that area. We're actually staying at the Courtyard at Fisherman's Wharf next weekend during the Koman 3-day walk.

abby

Hi,

This should probably be a separate thread (I'm still looking for specific info on possible vents on the Star), but the pier is very close to Pier 39 and about 1/2 mile from Fisherman's Wharf I think. There are lots of hotels in that area. We're actually staying at the Courtyard at Fisherman's Wharf next weekend during the Koman 3-day walk.

abby

Abbydancer there is no problem at all on Baja, Caribe or Dolphin decks with any vent.

Some people have complained about the fan type noise and even a sometimes smell when aft on the Emerald deck (where the rear ac vent is located) Also the Emerald deck cabins are located atop the Vista Lounge and you may hear noise from there when there is a show at night.

I promise you will hear nothing but the wake, have no wind, and a fully covered balcony on the VS on Dolphin deck we have stayed in them many times and the only drawback is the walk from the rear of the ship; but we don't mind that at all.

Mike:)

Hi,

This should probably be a separate thread (I'm still looking for specific info on possible vents on the Star),

abby

As I stated before if you are baja or caribe and port and like Mike said also. You wont have a problem. You will ENJOY it. Also like Mike said. The wake sound? We REALLY love it.

Archived