Ft Lauderdale - Hotels and or parking

Hflors

Hi all. DH and I are taking the Maasdam out of Ft lauderdale on Jan 9, 2009. Because of all the problems we have had with air airline tickets we are thinking about driving. Does anyone know if the port has parking and how much it is per day? Do any hotels have any stay and park we would need two weeks as our trip is 14 days?

Thanks in advance for any info.

We parked at the port last November. It was about $18 per day, but worth it. From what I understand there are several parking lots in the area; to me it is worth it to pay a few dollars extra and park in a large covered garage that is secure. I am not sure about any of the hotels in the area that would allow you to park for the week. I can tell you it was very nice to have quick access to your vehicle after you return. We we able to disembark from our ship at 7:45. We picked up our luggage, cleared customs and was on the road by 8:15.

• 1 month later...

How do you get your luggage to and from your car to the ship [in this case the Island Princess] when parking at the pier garages. Jason 26 you said it took minutes. Is there a chance that they might be full when you arrive and have a tough time safely parking your car?

We pulled up to the passenger drop off area and the luggage porters helped us with our luggage. You can park off to the side while you do this. Then you simply drive around to the front entrance of the parking garage to park you car. When we came back to the port, we paid the porter to carry our luggage to our vehicle. As far as the deck being full, I guess there is always a chance, but if you arrive around 11 or so you should be ok.

Thanks so much. Here's the other question: would that work at the Princess pier where the Island will be. [Never been there so can't picture the layout]. As you can tell, I am a worrier and like to have a plan - make that, must have a plan. Larry

Anyone else can add info. if they think will be helpful.

rundent, the Princess pier is the one I am referring to. We were on the Emeral Princess, pier 2. It should be the northport parking garage. To be even more specific, the best way to enter the port would be on the 17th st entrance. As soon as you enter the port, look to the left, you will see the parking garage entrance. Immediately past the garage entrance, turn left (this is assuming your ship will be at pier 1 or 2, you might want to verify with someone on the Princess board or call the port) and drive about 500 ft or so and off to the left you will see pier 2 and pier 1 further down. Drop you luggage off and then continue on around the parking garage. When you circle back around, you can enter the deck.

Archived