How Much Daylight?

Sprucetree

I'm wondering the same thing! I'm guessing it will be dark around 8- 8.30pm like it is here in the UK.

We are on the same cruise but not many of us on the roll call.

Will you be joining us on Monday 8th at 2pm in Rendez Vous Square, starboard side?

So far there are 5 of us and it would be really nice if you could join us too!

Kim

:)

I'm wondering the same thing! I'm guessing it will be dark around 8- 8.30pm like it is here in the UK.

We are on the same cruise but not many of us on the roll call.

Will you be joining us on Monday 8th at 2pm in Rendez Vous Square, starboard side?

Kim

Hi we will be on the following sailing to you 14th Sept (if on the Star)

Is your flight home a late one on Sunday?

if so what are you planning to do with luggage until you go to airport?

I am busy reading all the info I can get to make sure we have the 'right' clothes to keep warm and dry!

Thanks

Linda

Linda,

We are on the Mercury and when we disembark on Sunday the 14th our flight back to the UK isn't until 6pm.

I understand that there is a a place called CDS baggage in Canada Place that will hold your luggage, for a fee. It's opening hours are 8am to 4pm. Although we are docking at Ballantyne I imagine we shall use them.

Carol,

Thanks for info re daylight hours, hope you are having a good time

Kim :)

Sunrise -- about 6:45am

Sunset -- @9:30 pm

Loosing 5-6 minutes/day

LONG DAYS...

Carol

Where, there is a big difference in daylight between interior Alaska and Inside Passage. By mid Sept. Inside passage has dusk at 7pm, and Murrays information is completely accurate for 10 days ahead.

On a dim, rainy day the hour of dust will seem to come much earlier. And apparent sunrise will be much later.

This increases the risks of depression for many Alaskans and reduces mothers' opportunities to say 'go outside and play'.

Winter is coming!

Kim

Hi Kim,

I'll be joining relatives on this cruise and it all depends on what their plans are for Monday. I wish there was a way to private message on these boards, but as far as I know, that's not possible. It would be fun to get together.

It is now dark at 8 pm here in Illinois. The nights are cool, the kids have started school and I think we'll have an early fall. I was hoping it would stay light later further north.

I've been told that during the spring and fall equinox - March 21 and September 21, everywhere on earth has the same number of daylight and darkness hours, so if you are within a few weeks of this date, you will have as much light up here as where you live.

Hi Betty,

no worries if you can't make it. If you go back on our roll call you will find my email address on one of the posts.

The children here don't go back to school until 3rd September and we've not had a very good summer for them, lots of rain and not much sunshine.

It gets dark here at about 8.45pm at the moment.

LML,

I didn't know that about the sunlight and darkness hours!

Kim :)

Archived