French Side Shopping

Abberboo

Hey guys, I will be visiting St Maarten for the 4th time this December and wanted some opinions. My normal routine when arriving in this island is grabbing a taxi to Orient Beach Kon Tiki area and then staying until around 1-2 pm and then getting a cab back to the dutch side to shop all afternoon. I hear there are also shops on the french side, does anyone have any pics they can send me to link me to and about how far is this french side shopping area is from the Orient Beach area - I want to try to squeeze it in as well if I can. Is it worth going to b/c I love the dutch side shopping and dont want to cut that out so if anything, I shorten my time at the beach. Thanks in advance!

For a minute I thought this was my post! I've also been to St. Maarten four times and have done the exact same thing including Kon Tiki! This year we've signed up for a tour with Joyce. We're looking forward to getting to the Marigot area and seeing more of the island and shops outside of Phillipsburg. Have a great time!

depending on traffic. We always go there for lunch in one of the cafes on the waterfront and the shops have different stuff than P'burg. We also go to the Match supermarket for some bread and cheese to take to our cabin to have on our balcony with drinks. They also offer the rhums of Martinique as well as French wines and Pastis.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived