Favorite ship sailing from Eastern US

I like sailing out of Miami. It's not eastern, but it is convenient to fly into Ft. Lauderdale and go to Miami from there.

We are planning on NYC for next year; I'm a little frightened by that. I heard Boston was easy.

I'm not sure why OP mentioned all western ports.:confused:

My very favorite ship is the Jewel. The Dawn was beautiful as well.

The Majesty. A smaller ship with a nice subdued interior that has not aged like Carnival's Fantasy class ships that were built during the same time frame. The coziness you get with the crew and other passengers is another plus. She is a ship for those who enjoy traditional cruising and not the extra money you can spend at alternative restaurants of NCL's newer builds. Book her while you still can to experience mass market ships under the 70000+ ton mark.

Whatever (RCL) Voyager-class ship is sailing from Bayonne, NJ.

So much to do on-board you will not have enough time to do everything!

Sorry not NCL - but NYC/NJ is not a bad location to travel to from OH. As others mentioned, NCL has a few ships from NYC too.

Howard

Whatever (RCL) Voyager-class ship is sailing from Bayonne, NJ.

So much to do on-board you will not have enough time to do everything!

Sorry not NCL - but NYC/NJ is not a bad location to travel to from OH. As others mentioned, NCL has a few ships from NYC too.

Howard

Explorer of the Seas!

I LOVE the ship!

Explorer of the Seas!

I LOVE the ship!

maybe I mis-read the question, I though the OP said NCL ship? Oh well.

for me it would have to be the Jewel. I would like to try anther RCI ship but am a little concerned now that they are starting to charge for certain steaks in the main dining room. I just read the Chops Steak (which is what is served in Chops specialty dining room) can be ordered in the main dining room for $14.95. God, I hope this isn't the start of something for all lines..

Nita

maybe I mis-read the question, I though the OP said NCL ship? Oh well.

Maybe you didn't read the post which was replied to? I indicated in that post which was replied to, I was very well aware that the OP said NCL ship. I took it that OP was more specifically/importantly interested in a ship leaving from the east coast.

I would like to try anther RCI ship but am a little concerned now that they are starting to charge for certain steaks in the main dining room. I just read the Chops Steak (which is what is served in Chops specialty dining room) can be ordered in the main dining room for $14.95. God, I hope this isn't the start of something for all lines..

The $14.95 charge for the Chops Steak as an option in the main dining room is going to keep you from trying another RCI ship? Hey - I'm annoyed with the $25 for a single 8x10 photo - but I don't think that's going to stop me from taking another NCL cruise.

It's so different than having many specialty restaurants on-board where if you go, you have to pay an additional charge for everyone? The $14.95 for the Chops Steak in the main dining room is probably a good alternative - so you don't have to pay for everyone in your party. If one person wants it they can get it. I'd bet that there are people who would pay $14.95 if they could order a Cagney's steak in the main dining room. Ooops - bite my tongue! Someone from NCL might read that and get some ideas!

If this concerns you, then you better get all of your sailing in now. It isn't the start of something for all lines - it's already in motion. Little by little you're going to see them all going the way the airlines have - it won't be all at once (the public needs to become acquainted with it), but it will happen gradually over time. Eventually, one day in the future, the only thing the cruise fare is going to get you is your cabin.

Howard

:) My dh and I have left twice from Bayonne, N.J. and in July we took the Dawn from N.Y.C. It was safe and they are very efficient. I never once worried about being in N.Y. The driving and the parking were very easy. The checking in and etc. were very efficient. There were NCL employees and N.Y.C. police everywhere. I thought it was as easy as Bayonne or easier. Leaving was very easy, too. Everyone was very helpful.:)

Archived