FLL Hotel help please

skiorcruise

Flying into FLL (4 of us, one couple 50's, one in 80's). Need a pre and post cruise hotel for one night each time. Prefer something easy to get to from FLL Hollywood airport after a long day of travel (both comming from the western US). Cruising out of PoM in late October. Need hotel suggestions, 3 star or better. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help I know we will get on the boards.

SkiorCruise

Hi! I would suggest you start by looking at the Port Everglades website. It is full of information and provides a list of hotels and even hotels with shuttles and the various amenities that you may be interested in (ie breakfast). The airport is very close to Port Everglades, so if the hotel you choose does not provide a shuttle, a taxi will probably be fine. Of course, since there are four of you in your party, you may need to split up depending upon how much luggage you have.

Just as an FYI.....we have always stayed at either Renaissance or Embassy Suites. Renaissance does not provide a shuttle but is offering a really great rate right now;) Embassy Suites does provide a shuttle I think, but with a fee. Both hotels are located close to a grocery store and drug stores.

We are especially fond of the Renaissance. There is a wonderful Italian restaurant across from the hotel that has wonderful (and copius amounts of) food. There is also a seafood restaurant close by as well if memory serves me well.

Best wishes!

Linda

You say you are flying into FLL and cruising from Miami correct??? You may just want to head down to a hotel closer to Miami such as the Intercontinental or Hyatt.

Otherwise, there really isn't anything 3** or better right by FLL airport...you'd have to go down 17th street to the Hyatt, Ft Lauderdale Grande, or to the beach area and the Marriott Harbor Beach...

I would go to Miami though if that is where your cruise begins....that way you can sleep a little longer.

The Renaissance is finishing up a renovaton, and it is summer, hence the good rate now....(I stayed there last year...it's not bad...should be better once the redo is all done.)

Yes, the cruise is out of Miami...but airfare is so much better into FLL. We arrive late, and my father is not one for much driving after a long flight. Pool & hot tub are not really players, but a good nearby bar/restraunt are important. My problem is that I don't want to go north from the airport when we will just get a taxi in the morning and go south.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check back in a day or two.

We're doing the same thing in December - flying into FLL the day before, cruising out of Miami. I posted a thread before I saw yours, so hopefully one of us will figure something out and share with the other.

We're not so much looking for a really nice hotel, but reasonable amenities, available food, and cheap transportation to/from the airport and port.

Just as an FYI.....we have always stayed at either Renaissance or Embassy Suites. Renaissance does not provide a shuttle but is offering a really great rate right now;) Embassy Suites does provide a shuttle I think, but with a fee. Both hotels are located close to a grocery store and drug stores.

We are especially fond of the Renaissance. There is a wonderful Italian restaurant across from the hotel that has wonderful (and copius amounts of) food. There is also a seafood restaurant close by as well if memory serves me well.

Best wishes!

Linda

Thanks for the info the great rate for the Renaissance.

Archived