Debarkation - Miami

I would like to get some insights regaridng debarkation when returning to Miami. From some recent experiences, when has the walk off group been called. Secondly, the next group for luggage pick-up. I am trying to determine the timing of these events as it relates to a departure time of 10:40 from Miami. I know there are many different scenarios and issues that would delay this process, but trying to get a perscpective none the less.

Anyone who has had a flight in the time range, were you able to particpate in the luggage valet service?

I appreciate all of your feedback.

We didn't do the self-carry off, but were in one of the 1st groups and we were at the airport before 9am, via cab. We just told the Purser that we had an early flight, and we got early-off tags. It took about 15 minutes for our bags to hit the carousel before Customs. Customs took no time at all.

If possible to do the self-carry, that's how I'd go with a flight before 11am.

Traveling with a 4yr old and infant as well. Luggage valet will not work b/c of timing. I am thinking of getting the walk off for ourselves via the conceriege in the diamond lounge (after explaining my situation) and then tagging my luggage for 1st group. That way I will be at the carousel as the bags come off.

I did the walk off with 8 in my group(no small kids though), and we had a 10:40 am flight. We were at the airport by 7:15am. If all works well (ship arrives on time, clears customs etc.) it can and has been done! We walked off at 6:15am with our luggage, went through customs in minutes and were on our way!

Archived