Bringing local wine aboard ship

We will be traveling on RC Legend of the Sea next week around Italy and Croatia..We were hoping to bring a bottle of local wine that we would purchase at each port ,on board to have with dinner ...Has anyone recently done this..In the past I recall other lines allowing this keeping the bottle and bringing out at dinner and charging a "corking fee" ..

Just off Brilliance and they were vigilantly scanning bags for 'large bottles'. One time I brought back olive oil and the guy asked what I had. He said to the other guy, "They are small bottles", and when I offered to show him, he just waved me through.:)

We will be traveling on RC Legend of the Sea next week around Italy and Croatia..We were hoping to bring a bottle of local wine that we would purchase at each port ,on board to have with dinner ...Has anyone recently done this..In the past I recall other lines allowing this keeping the bottle and bringing out at dinner and charging a "corking fee" ..

Hi grandpa ssz

My husband and I are also interested in this. Maybe we can meet up on the ship.

Yvonne

yjones@gmail.com

On our last two RCCL cruises (both European transatlantics), we purchased wine in many of the ports to bring home. All of our wine was confiscated on re-boarding the ship and returned the evening before the end of the cruise. Olive oil bottles were not (they just asked what you have as we brought back bottles and jars of other things), but they were very diligent about the wine. Even chasing us down the hall to nab us! Maybe you will be luckier.

Archived