Valor Balcony

Cardinala

I have what is now an 8G aft(Veranda deck) booked on the Valor for next April. (booked last Dec!) This one is next to a 9A, so it's wider as well as deeper. Liked this location so much on Triumph last time, we went out of our way to snag this one. Some don't, but I love the aft balconies!;)

We had the wrap-around balcony (aft) on the Valor last year. If you haven't seen pics of these, you should find some. Sorry we didn't put them online! We were on the Verandah deck right under one section of Rosie's diner. We heard chairs scraping in the morning and at night--not too bad. But, the balcony was amazing! If you walked out the door, you could see into the balcony to the right. But, our balcony--which literally wraps around the corner of the ship was so long you couldn't see around the corner. We could talk to the people in the other balconies to the side and below us and that was fun. Every day at 5pm we all kind of "checked in" with one another. We also discovered that if you place the lounge chairs right up against the wall in the middle section, no one can see you from above or the sides.

I thought this balcony had to be 40-50' long all in all.

Sunny

I have to tell one more "balcony" story. We were sitting on our wrap-around balcony last year on the Valor at about 4pm having a cocktail. It was Sat and we were pulling into Miami the next morning. Suddenly, my BF noticed that the ship was turning. We watched for several minutes, and, sure enough, the ship was turning entirely around. Now, we were all out on our balconies watching and wondering what was going on--especially after some of the "overboard" stories we'd heard recently.

I went around to the corner of the balcony and spotted a small boat adrift nearby. Just then, the CD came on the speaker to announce that the Captain felt it was necessary to check it out. By now, we are all talking about this. Wow, I thought for a second as we got closer to the little boat that we'd see a skeleton or two in there. But, we soon saw that the boat was empty! The CD informed us that all was okay and we turned around and continued toward Miami. We found out when we got home---BF "googled" the name--that it had been a diver's boat out of the Bahamas. We're still talking about the tiny boat adrift in the Atlantic Ocean! So, you just never know what you're going to see sitting out on that balcony!

Sunny

Archived