Official Ike is giving a visit to South Florida

Terry305

Hi Terry - I am right there with you. I just came back from Publix. I am now stocked up on Spaggettios, soup, and the all important water. My husband was on propane duty this morning, so at least we will be able to cook. Gotta love the "Cone of Chaos" - Stay Safe.

Hi Vinnie - the track of the storm is always decieving. That is just the track so far, and where they project the eye of the storm to go. It could wobble a little bit each way and that will change everything. Back during Hurricane Andrew, it was headed straight for downtown Fort Lauderdale, and then it wobbled a little to the south and flattened Homestead. You never can tell. That's why they have the big projection cone. I call it the "Cone of Chaos", because you are never sure what will happen.:eek:

Hi Terry - I am right there with you. I just came back from Publix. I am now stocked up on Spaggettios, soup, and the all important water. My husband was on propane duty this morning, so at least we will be able to cook. Gotta love the "Cone of Chaos" - Stay Safe.

Hi Vinnie - the track of the storm is always decieving. That is just the track so far, and where they project the eye of the storm to go. It could wobble a little bit each way and that will change everything. Back during Hurricane Andrew, it was headed straight for downtown Fort Lauderdale, and then it wobbled a little to the south and flattened Homestead. You never can tell. That's why they have the big projection cone. I call it the "Cone of Chaos", because you are never sure what will happen.:eek:

Thanks rjdunn, is crazy here, I am half way stocked, but all this frenzy gets me nervous, lol.

We are used to this in Miami lol.

Good luck to you and your family.

Thanks again,

Terry

I love your term, Cone of Chaos. That is exactly what it is. We were also in Ft Lauderdale during Andrew. We were expecting the worst. That was one of the worst nights in my life! God bless you as IKE heads your way!

We've been told tomorrow is Mandatory Evacuation for Special Needs folks and tourists, Sunday is mandatory for all of us in the Keys and I heard from our EOC that Monday is mandatory for Miami/Dade. Now, all that can change in a minute. We are waiting till Sunday to see what Ike looks like before we decide.:confused: :rolleyes:

Bless your heart to be able to sail during hurricane season......i would be a nervous wreck:eek: !!!!!!!!!

I'm getting a little stressed...lol!

I have the NOAA website open and I check it 50 times a day. Plus the Weather Channel on for hours at a time.

I sure hope Ike is kind to everyone. It would be nice if he just fizzled out altogether.

Another good source of hurricane info is Weather Underground http://www.wunderground.com look for tropical weather It's the same graphics as the weather service with the added comments of a former Hurricane Center guy--very useful here in Port St Lucie, FL. Looks like we might get missed, but my sister in Key Largo might not be so lucky.

O, Good luck!! We just went through that chaos with Gustav hitting. Our stores are still empty. Wishing yall the best!

Us too here in Slidell, LA. We were caught up on the

I-59 mess heading into North Mississippi. The normal 4 hour drive took us 12 hours with Small children, dogs etc.

If you have to get out, leave a day early.

JimmyJames

Archived