Need Hotel Recommendation for Miami!

jordanaire

Kywildcat: How soon before your trip did you try with priceline? I'd like to do it ASAP, but I'm thinking I'm still too early for a Feb 05 cruise to get a decent rate.

Thanks for your help.

I made my bid sometime around the end of May for the August cruise. If I were you I'd give it a try. You never know! When I first entered my bid I got the message saying that it was lower than normal for that type room did I want to raise it? Ignore it. If you don't get it you can always rebid. Good luck!

We love the Hotel Intercontinental - it used to be one of Carnival's hotels but no longer. Tried in January 2003 to get a room on Priceline for March 2003. Bid up to $100 and no luck. Landed the Hyatt for $35. Not as convenient of a location as HI but it was fine. Both hotels have restaurants and are very expensive. We walked to Bayside and took a taxi back to the hotel after dark. Around $4 or so. Taxied to the port in the morning. Ate at Bayside for both dinner and breakfast. The atmosphere there is a great way to get you into the cruise mode! I think that people have good results with Miami hotels via priceline. I called the Hyatt right after our bid was accepted and requested a king, corner room on an upper floor. No problem! Have fun!

I booked 3 rooms at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for less than $100/ day for the 3 days prior to our 3Apr05 Valor cruise, sounds like I made a good choice. Can't hardly wait. Always book thru the hotel online or on phone better deals. Fair winds & following seas. John

Valor 03Apr05

Conquest 04

Deatiny 02

Elation 98

Archived