Holland..Caribbean..October? Kid friendly?

Luxuriate

Our son will be turning five years-old on the cruise. We've been on many cruises. So has our son. I see an itinerary I like on a date that I like...but it is on Holland America. Should I risk it with our son? Will he be accepted? How is the kid's program? Should I just drop the idea and go with another line? Please let me know what you think. I've been on Holland before and thought it was nice but a bit stuffy. I didn't have a child at the time so I never checked out the kid's area. I'm older now, maybe the line will suit me more? But our son?

Thanks,

Cheryl

There won't be as many kids as Carnival, Disney or RCI, but there will be some! None of the lines are going to be unfriendly towards a child.

I don't know what kind of children's program HAL has (if any)--call them and check it out!

If you weren't planning on using any of the kids programs, then any line will be fine! If you wanted that "entertainment" for your child, then make sure that sort of thing is available!

HAL's kids program was just fine - I found HAL was quite welcoming and kid friendly and the many seniors on board enjoyed seeing our kids - especially when they were dressed up for formal nights. The kids areas are not really big, but they accomodate the kids on board just fine AND the counselors were really good. My 10 year old DS really enjoyed HAL and she has been on Carnival so she knows what the other lines are like.

Archived