NYC Parking Question

NoobCroozer

You have two choices, but you have to drive PAST the porters on the way to park. You can drop your bags and any PAX off on level 2, and then proceed up to level three to park.

Your other option is to park and then bring all your bags back with you, but you may not be parking on the roof from which terminal you are sailing.

You then can take an elevator back to level two. You cannot take your bags on the escalator.

You drive up the ramp to the terminal, give the porters your luggage (and a $20 bill ;)) then continue driving up to the right to the roof parking....pay the parking fee of $30/day...get your car sniffed by the bomb dog, and park. Then you take yourself & your carry-on down the elevator into the terminal & get in line for check-in. Have a good cruise!

You drive up the ramp to the terminal, give the porters your luggage (and a $20 bill ;)) then continue driving up to the right to the roof parking....pay the parking fee of $30/day...get your car sniffed by the bomb dog, and park. Then you take yourself & your carry-on down the elevator into the terminal & get in line for check-in. Have a good cruise!

Sheesh ... I hope your kidding .... $20 :eek: ....All Ive been reading is 1-2 a bag, well prob have 2 bags, so I thought $5.....man!

$20!!!!

Let me know next time you drop off and I'LL take your bags out for you! :p

LOL Pete! You're hired! We always give the guy a $20...and I agree, it's probably a bit much....$2 or $3/bag is probably the norm. We'll generally have my 24", his 25" and a garment bag for his tux & my formal wear. But I want to ensure our bags get into the ship and to my cabin asap. So far, so good!

To disfan13: I'd recommend driving over the car service any day. The limo is good, IMHO, for drop-off...but pick up can be a nightmare....coordinating with your driver et al. Especially if there's more than one ship disembarking.

I'd save $40 with taking a car service - my only problem is I have no idea what time to tell the company to pick us up when we get back to NYC!

When we were on the Miracle in May the ship got in a little late that morning...& we were off at 10:05, but we had priority disembarkation. There were still long, long lines of people waiting to get off after us. I guess, if all things are "normal" you can expect to get off certainly by 10:30 or so. I think that's reasonable. Then it's just a matter of finding/collecting your luggage (if you don't self-assist) & walking out of the terminal. Good luck & enjoy your cruise! You're going to LOVE the Miracle! :D

I'd save $40 with taking a car service - my only problem is I have no idea what time to tell the company to pick us up when we get back to NYC!

This time of year (hehehe) no one can be sure!.. We were on the Miracle in May and self disembarked... and i think we were off by 930am

But with all these storms churning about who knows... I think it's worth the $40 to drive yourself... and yes... you will love the Miracle!:)

Archived