The SUSPENSE is killing me! Miracle...

disfan13

we were upset that they did it in a very secretive haphazard way.

Should they have taken a vote among the passangers as to what to do, when??

I am sure at your job you don't want anyone else making the decisions that you are trained and required to make.

No one can please everyone all the time. Free and $$$ off sounds like the immediate mantra of those, who in this particular case, were not the ones pleased this time.

Boy, after being without power, cable, phone and internet for over a week, but with a roof over my head, unlike many of my neighbors, compliments of hurricane Gustov, I can see I have missed a lot being off Cruise Critic for over a week. I don't have time to sort through the postings tonight, but sure will tomorrow, if power stays on, so I hope this is not completely redundant. But come on people, you were on a cruise ship in relative comfort for 8 days. There are over 800,000 people starving and homeless in Haiti from all these storms. Almost 50% of the people in my city, Baton Rouge, LA, still have no power, some expected to be out for 4 week, can't get ice, food, gas for generators easily. 2 people died just up the street from me when a tree fell on there house. And you are going to revolt over a change in your CRUISE itenerary. What did you want to do, go to the ports with the hurricane? Haveing cruised in hurricane season and had ports change, that was the chance you took. Sorry for repeating things others may have said, but I am little tired and stressed and really hope IKE just goes away. If not, can anyone come install a whole house generator by the weekend?

Hope everything works out well for you. Can't install any generators (may need one myself if Ike hits where they are predicting) but can keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I so totally agree with you. They were being taken care of while others are trying to stay alive and they're worried about the captian's attitude. Take care and hope you get your house back together soon.

I was on the Miracle 8/29 cruise and plan on posting a review in the next few days. As I read many of the things that have been posted on the boards about this cruise, I have to say that our experiece was very different. We feel we had an "adventure" added to our vacation! We knew booking during hurricane season that anything could happen. We were informed in writing when we got on the ship that there could be changes to the itinerary and that Hanna was being monitored. The first sea day at noon the Captain announced that due to Hanna, the itinerary was being changed for our safety - that night at the welcome aboard party he spoke of the changes and made a joke about his job being to pick us up in NYC and deliver us back to NYC 8 days later and where we go in between was none of our business. This was said in jest by a man for whom english is a second language - we laughed at the humour however respected that truly was is job - our safety. We felt that we were kept informed of what was happening - we felt that the staff went above and beyond the call to entertain us and care for our needs. We saw 3 ports that we weren't expecting to see and had a great time in each place. What a story we have to tell people about how we went on a carribean cruise and ended up in Newport, R.I.! (By the way Newport is beautiful and if your are not lucky enough to see it on a cruise it is worth a visit to). The Beatles spoke of a "Magical, Mystery Tour" and Carnival provided that to us. I respect that everyone is entitled to their opinion - sadly looking at a cup as half empty is always more disapointing that a cup that is half full.

What a refreshing, mature, logical, fun response to a unique situation!

I would hope that I would appreciate the fact that I was FORTUNATE enough to go on a cruise in the first place and make the most of not having to do dishes, cook, answer the phone,and being able to RELAX RELAX RELAX, ETC that I would find something to distract me from not going exactly where I wanted, when I wanted. Bless the captain for keeping everyone safe and shame on those who wanted a refund for any portion of a trip that thousands and millions are not lucky enough to go on.

AND ESPECIALLY BAD KARMA TO THOSE WHO WITHDREW THEIR GRATUITY AS A WAY TO STICK IT TO CARNIVAL. IF YOU DID NOT TIP ON YOUR OWN, THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHY YOUR KARMA IS IN THE TOILET FOR THE NEXT FEW LIFETIMES.

Cassi

PS as those of you can see, I am not a die hard Carnival Fan as I have only been lucky enough to go on one cruise.

Its unfortunate that NYC has the reputation it does.. I am well aware of it.. but its really not accurate... :)

I wouldn't worry. Know that the worst insults are most likely coming from sports fans (re: a certain Baseball Team :).)

I havent been to Danfords in a few years..the food was very good..Hopefully still is!.. PJ is a great little town!!

When I first read DANFORD’s, I thought, “that sounded familiar". We lived just south of Port Jeff, and frequently went into town when we had company, or it was hot and needed some air. Always ended up at the ice cream shop, and watched as the ferry came in and out.

Occasionally, we hit the local restaurants as well. Always wanted to eat at Danford’s, and for the one time we went, we looked over the menu, was quite disappointed with the food choices, and ended up across the street. I think it was quite pricey as well.

Now, my daughters claim to fame is that she was born in Port Jefferson, at St. Charles.

When I first read DANFORD’s, I thought, “that sounded familiar". We lived just south of Port Jeff, and frequently went into town when we had company, or it was hot and needed some air. Always ended up at the ice cream shop, and watched as the ferry came in and out.

Occasionally, we hit the local restaurants as well. Always wanted to eat at Danford’s, and for the one time we went, we looked over the menu, was quite disappointed with the food choices, and ended up across the street. I think it was quite pricey as well.

Now, my daughters claim to fame is that she was born in Port Jefferson, at St. Charles.

LOL, small world! Yes Port Jeff is a lovely little town, and quite expensive! Fortunately I am usually there with work, so I am not paying!;) :D

Hey MP

It's not so pricey anymore.. They used to have a Sunday Brunch for about $20 pp... That's when we ate there.. It was quite good.. but this is a few years back..The Ice Cream shop is still there..

Most of the antique shops in the village are gone and naturally there is a Gap and a Starbucks, which took away some of the charm of the village..

Archived