dawn princess rooms for 3/4 are ridiculous!

persimmon

i just got off the phone w/my TA and was told that the balcony rooms available on the dawn princess are on the aft section of the ship and there are only a few. if that wasn't bad enough, these rooms are configured with one twin bed, 2 pullman and one couch that makes out to a bed for one person. so, for 10 nights going to the mexican riviera, my husband and i will have to fight over who gets to sleep in the twin bed! this is suppose to be one of our 'highlight' vacations and it certainly doesn't make one feel very romantic! i almost feel as if this princess ship discriminates against people who have children (1 have one young teenager). we pay more than the couple next door (because we have the 3rd person in our room), but they have a better configuration than i can get! the only other alternative is to upgrade and pay $2000 more to get a mini-suite! i was told that there is no option for a 'queen' bed because if you should fall out of your pullman bed then they don't want you to fall on the person below.

this longer cruise out of s.f. (round trip) appealed to me cuz i wouldn't have to fly (which is a drag) and we could enjoy the cruise for a little longer than the regular 7 night cruise. it just doesn't seem fair. i guess the only thing i can do is either upgrade (which i probably won't) or fly down to san diego or los angeles for more choices.

I would call another travel agent. For one-most cruisers are couples and cant imagine sharing pullman bunk beds. Majority of cabins have two twin beds that when pushed together make up a king/queen. 1 pullman that comes from the wall and a sleep sofa- the back drops down to make a bed. Cant imagine any cabin with only one twin bed unless its a low category for only single cruisers

When my family was on the sea which i believe is the sister ship to the dawn we had 3 of us in one room. we had a queen (i think it was actually 2 twins pushed together) and then there was the couch that was made into a bed.

I checked using an on-line booking agency and with four passengers it will let me book categories GG/FF (outside double) and BB/BC (outside double balcony). the description says these have two twin bed whiched can be converted to queen but doesn't indicate if the third/fourth beds are pullmans, sofa, or combination.

If I check using only three pax I have more choices.

Perhaps your TA meant there are no cabins on your particular sailing-not on the ship itself.

Or you could get connecting outsides in which case you would have two bathrooms and a door that could be left open between the two cabins making the cabin space quite large. You would also have two tvs and two sitting areas. Or if you have to have a balcony, you could consider an inside cabin across the hall fro your balcony cabin?

Just a thought!

Donna

Archived