Gift ideas for special friends?

I would like to purchase some gifts for special friends - something easy to pack, cost between $20-$30 something special to the areas we are cruising which are: Monte Carlo, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Athens, Santorini, and Barcelona. I don't mean to buy something from every port, just one gift each for a few friends and also some childrens gifts which should cost no more the $5 each. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Agree with Keith - out of all the place you're visiting you'll get the best bargains in Kusadasi. There's a big market right near where the ship docks selling lots of different goods. You MUST barter with them. Start with a ridiculously low price and walk away if you don't like the price they're offering - they'll come running after you. It's all very good natured :D

I shopped alot on our trip......and found a few inexpensive items that would be good to add to your list.

Barcelona: Near the Sagrada Familia there are street vendors who sell the clear glass like columns with the church lasered inside. Not sure how to describe it - some light up and some light up and then change colors. My sister in law has a collection of these with all sorts of items lasered(etched) inside.

Monaco and Rome: For the kids there are machines that dispense souvenier coins. They also sell them in the various gift shops ie: coliseum.

Florence/Pisa: Anything leather !

Archived