Are all FV cabins created equal?

bostom

Before saying, "No, some of 'em don't have balconies" let me qualify that by asking "Are all Millenium class-Family Value corner cabins the same?" - do they have the same features and square footage, and are the balconies larger or smaller as you go up a deck or two? The balconies certainly look to be configured differently on the corner cabins. I've seen glowing reports (and photos!) of cabins on all three decks but as always, expect the experts with the answers are here.

We've had the stern CC cabins on both 9 and 7 decks and didn't think there was any difference apart from a bit more litter on 9 deck.

My thanks in advance.

If you're talking about the FV's on actual corners of the ship, they are the same. By actual corner I mean 7199 and 7202 on the Constellation as an example. They are the same. The illusion of one being deeper that you're seeing is because the whole deck is moved a little further towards the bow as you move from decks 7 to 9. The cabins are identical. I know because I've stayed in several of them.

The best thing about the corner FV's is the private hallway entrance. It's great for storing luggage.

Enjoy!

Before saying, "No, some of 'em don't have balconies" let me qualify that by asking "Are all Millenium class-Family Value corner cabins the same?" - do they have the same features and square footage, and are the balconies larger or smaller as you go up a deck or two? The balconies certainly look to be configured differently on the corner cabins. I've seen glowing reports (and photos!) of cabins on all three decks but as always, expect the experts with the answers are here.

We've had the stern CC cabins on both 9 and 7 decks and didn't think there was any difference apart from a bit more litter on 9 deck.

My thanks in advance.

bostom,

We had a FV cabin on the Constellation last year (FV 7202). Connie is the sister ship of the Millenium and basically the same deck plan. It was a fantastic cabin. It has a little more inside room due to the hallway position. The balcony is huge and is bigger than the inside FV balconies. Deck 7 FV appeared to be slightly larger tha the FV's on deck 8 & 9. You get not only the back view off the ship, you also get the entire side of the balcony as well.

The only downside would be if the Penthouse, directy below deck 7, has a large contingent of guests. We were lucky as we hardly ever saw anyone. Deck 7 FV look over maybe 15 feet of the Penthouse deck.

If I had to choose again, I would absolutely go with 7202 or the other side 7199.

Best of luck

Mike

Equal no, Close, yes. The actual interior of the cabins, yes, they are equal. The corner FVs however have larger balconies and a private hallway for luggage storage that the interior FVs don't. If you can get a corner one, grab it, if not, an interior will be just fine. As someone posted above, we had 7199 above the Penthouse and barely saw anyone on their deck.

My thanks in advance.

Interiors are the same, balcony size increases as you go down each deck. The "bathtub" as I call it, the white metal structure that makes up the extended rear part of the balcony is wider on deck 9 and narrows down to deck 7. This means you have a pane of glass facing aft next to it on deck 7, slightly narrower on deck 8 and not at all on deck 9. This shot shows the increasing depth of the aft balconies, best illustrated if you look at the length of the balcony divides (you can get a full size picture here by clicking on the magnifying glass icon below the image):

2063330690054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

Just back from Alaska on Millenium in 9156. No litter, no noise, it was

fabulous and we would do it again in a heartbeat. Room was huge,

balcony was huge. No clear partition made no difference to us.

There is a wide view on the side with no partition if that's important to you.

We booked the starboard side corner FV cabin on 8 deck. Thanks for the pix and the insight. Per the TA, who had the port side cabin, 8181, on a recent fam trip, the square footage of each balcony is the same, the difference being (as noted here) the layout: 9 deck's is broad but shallower, 8 deck's shape is somewhere in the middle and 7's layout is narrower, but longer too. I doubt he had a tape measure but that's close enough for me. He added that the hidden hallway is a good place to store your luggage unless you ever needed to make a quick exit and found it blocking your way.

Thanks for all the help and especially the links to pictures.

He added that the hidden hallway is a good place to store your luggage unless you ever needed to make a quick exit and found it blocking your way.

The hallway is definitely wide enough to store cases and walk by very comfortably. it's not a tight squeeze at all.

The hallway is definitely wide enough to store cases and walk by very comfortably. it's not a tight squeeze at all.

I suspect he meant that should the ship be listing, or had to make a fast turn or sharp maneuver, or had encountered rough seas - any one of which could cause standing cases to fall - it might be something best avoided, especially if these conditions happened in a low-light situation like at night or in an emergency.

It's not like he was suggesting we'd have a TITANIC moment, or that the hall is narrow - just that it's never a good idea to put anything between oneself and the only exit door if you can help it, a thought with which I had to agree.

Archived