Upgrade Fairy arrives

We are going on a Med cruise the end of the month on Brillance and when I went into my reservation I found out that we had been upgraded from a Deluxe Balcony room to a Junior Suite. Never had a suite before. Just what is the benefit other then the size? We were on Deck 9 and now we are on Deck 10 about the same place on the ship. Any ideas will help me. I do like the upgrade, but just want to know benefits. Thanks.

rosebud1g - I went through a travel agent, but I would be surprised if she did it for me. We did book excursions with RCL, both specialty restaurants, got their credit card and as a first time cruiser on RCL I wonder if that helped at all :)

Love2cruise58 - I didn't request, but did wish for it!! I read all the time on CC that people get these upgrades, but haven't been that fortunate in the past. I am so thrilled. Only 2 weeks from today and we fly to Barcelona.

I am wondering if with the Junior Suites you get butler service. I have read about that in the past too, but it could be just for the larger suites.

Congrats on the visit from the upgrade fairy.

RCCL does not offer butler service even for the full suites.

With the junior suite the benefits are 2 cruise credits, a much larger room, a bathtub instead of a shower, and priority boarding in some ports. Because it is not a full suite, you don't qualify for concierge lounge access.

Archived