Off Carnival Sensation....questions??

david08

Hey Everyone,

Just got off the Carnival Sensation this morning....and once again, had a GREAT TIME!!

If you have any questions....let me know and I can answer them! Even Evolutions of Upgrade questions as I have been on pre and post upgraded ships this year!

I will write a short review later......I have a job interview and looking at moving down to Florida:)

We were at the terminal by 11:45ish and was on board at 12:30....they let us drop our bas off in our room and head up for lunch.

Formal Night is your second night on ship (same day you are in Freeport)

I can tell you we debarked at about 9:30 this morning and there was a family of 5 going through security to check in....early!

This may be a duplicate post (could have sworn I replied to this already but dont see it)....Anyway, do you have copies of the daily capers? I am going to sail the Sensation in December and would really love to see what types of activities are planned. thanks :-)

The first time we were in freeport, we took the island bus tour through the ship...DO NOT DO THIS! We were basically held hostage on the bus while they drove us through the slums/hurricane devistated areas,Past the local burger king, the city hall, a burned out apartment complex, once through downtown, and told us how poor they all were, then they took us to a small, dirty marketplace and encouraged us to support the locals, who were so poor. there were birds eating the fruit, and it was fenced in and we were very uncomfortable...while we were surrounded with locals screaming at us to buy thier wares. (then, thankfully they took us to Our Lucaya and dropped us off.)

This time we plan to catch a taxi to our lucaya, and hit the shops and the beach.

At Nassau, we took the catamaran snorkel excursion through the ship.. wonderful, and fantastic...I highly recomend this . Then we just walked around town, up to the queens staircase, and the fort.

This time, we booked Stewarts cove snorkel, since we fell in love with snorkeling...will let you know next week how that went.

This is mrs. smitty 273 BTW.

The first time we were in freeport, we took the island bus tour through the ship...DO NOT DO THIS! We were basically held hostage on the bus while they drove us through the slums/hurricane devistated areas,Past the local burger king, the city hall, a burned out apartment complex, once through downtown, and told us how poor they all were, then they took us to a small, dirty marketplace and encouraged us to support the locals, who were so poor. there were birds eating the fruit, and it was fenced in and we were very uncomfortable...while we were surrounded with locals screaming at us to buy thier wares. (then, thankfully they took us to Our Lucaya and dropped us off.)

This time we plan to catch a taxi to our lucaya, and hit the shops and the beach.

At Nassau, we took the catamaran snorkel excursion through the ship.. wonderful, and fantastic...I highly recomend this . Then we just walked around town, up to the queens staircase, and the fort.

This time, we booked Stewarts cove snorkel, since we fell in love with snorkeling...will let you know next week how that went.

This is mrs. smitty 273 BTW.

Thanks for telling me about Freeport. I think I will take a taxi to Our Lucaya. Is it easy to get one back to the port? I know you're leaving soon, but maybe you can answer when you get back. I have friends on the ship now who will be getting off as you get on. Have a great trip!

Kroozlov'r

Thank you so much for the pictures. I feel much better now. I know you went in Feb., but I noticed that everyone was wearing long pants and long sleeve shirts. Was it cool weather? We are going in November and I was planning on warm weather cloths. Am I wrong about the weather in November in the Bahamas?

Hey Everyone,

Just got off the Carnival Sensation this morning....and once again, had a GREAT TIME!!

If you have any questions....let me know and I can answer them! Even Evolutions of Upgrade questions as I have been on pre and post upgraded ships this year!

I will write a short review later......I have a job interview and looking at moving down to Florida:)

WOW, can't wait to read your review, we go on the Sensation in 2 days. Curious, did you take a spa tour on the day of embarkation? I've read that people do that and they offer discounts or allow bookings during the tour.

Second, is there a movie theatre on the Sensation or in the rooms, just curious since DH and I love to just sit and watch movies.

Thanks again

....did you take a spa tour on the day of embarkation? I've read that people do that and they offer discounts or allow bookings during the tour.

This is one of the MAJOR reasons Im trying to get a gander at the "current" Sensation capers. I saw an old caper (from early 2007) where two muscle wraps, a scalp, foot, ankle AND back massage were ALL offered for only $30 during the embarkment day to Freeport.

This is one of the MAJOR reasons Im trying to get a gander at the "current" Sensation capers. I saw an old caper (from early 2007) where two muscle wraps, a scalp, foot, ankle AND back massage were ALL offered for only $30 during the embarkment day to Freeport.

That's a great price, I've never done those tours, I guess we'll check it out..going in 2 days!

It has been an INSANE week, traveling back to CO, get caught up on work and SLEEP!!

I will post the review tonight-ish....and will upload some pictures. Not sure if we have a lot of ship pictures though, I will look. Got one awesome picture of the huge waves (from Ike) slamming into the rocks at Port Lucaya Beach!

Ok, questions here. Do the tv's in the staterooms have the hook-ups on there where you can play your portable dvd player? Sorry, cant think of what that little cord that has yellow, red, and white ends are called right now.

We have a 4 yr old and sometimes it is just easier to sit him down with his fav movies while we are getting dressed than try to "find" something on.

Archived