Ever Been To Cancun From Cozumel?

hjmrlm

I Was Told That You Could Easily Take The Ferrie Over To Cancun For The Day When You Port In Cozumel. Told It Was About A 45 Minute Ride Over. Anyone Ever Done This? We Have Already Been To Cozumel And Are Looking For Something Different To Do This Time.

Once you take the ferry to Playa Del Carmen then you need transportation to Cancun. It is a bit of a trip from there. In Cancun you will have the same bars as in Cozumel. THere are lots of things to do on the mainland closer to Playa Del Carmen. There are nice beaches, a water park (snorkeling and such Xel Ha), shopping and Tulum is a bit away if you wish to do the ruins. Also be advised the ferry can be rough. Many green passengers on that depending on the day or the amount of drink!!

We did this last week, and I probably wouldn't do it again. After the ferry we had another 90 minute bus ride each way. By the time we got to Cancun we only had a couple of hours before we had to go back. We would have had much more time and probably more fun if we would have stayed in Cozumel or Playa del Carmen.

My daughter and I have taken the ferry over twice. We nicknamed it the "vomit comet". It goes fast and the geography between Cozumel and the mainland chanels the water through very quickly accounting for the usually rocking and rolling ride of the ferry. The first floor was slippery both times with sickness --go up to the second floor seating area. I'd definitely take seasickness meds, and even though I've never gotten seasick I take bonine (personal choice) before each crossing.

I think PDC is a lot like Cozumel with it's typical tourist restaurants and small vendors/shops. The beach is right along the ferry landing, extending out both ways and you can do water sport activities but not much in the way of snorkeling (I think). You can sit right at Senor Frogs and watch the ferries and beach.

The excursions to Tulum make for a very long day. Although I've been to Cancun I haven't gone from PDC. I haven't been to Xel-ha.

I certainly understand your wanting to explore another part of the country :)

Archived