In-N-Out Burger near LAX?

stillabrownsfan

TCF, I wouldn't go so far as to describe In-n-Out as a "gourmet" but it is at the top of the heap when it comes for fast food hamburgers. They are good enough that when we are at our AZ home we will drive by 3 McDonalds, 2 Carls, 2 Sonics, 2 BK's and 1 Wendy's and 45 mins latter we are at In-n-Out. :D

Are you hitting up the In-n-Out at The Pinnacle on Frank Lloyd Wright? That's my stop when I fly in to go to my AZ home. Otherwise, I'm In-n-Out-less here in Utah.

I haven't had a burger in Vancouver, but I was kind of looking forward to a Japadog.

My husband and I will be going out of San Pedro 10/05/08 to the Mex. Riviera. We live 45 Min. from there. We stop on the way to the ship, & that's our first stop on the way home. That's what we do, every cruise we take. As the old saying goes. "In -N-Out, In-N-Out, That's What A Hamburger Is All About ! I Hope you get the chance to enjoy at least one.;)

Mari in Ca.

I'm so hungry! Now I can't stand NOT trying In-N-Out :eek: ! We'll be at the Doubletree in San Pedro without a car. Is there an In-N-Out within the 5 mile limit for the Doubletree shuttle?

Hopefully :o ,

There is one on North Gaffey St. in San Pedro and a couple in Long Beach but it will take a local to tell you if they are within the 5 mile radius.

Don't forget that In-N-Out has a "secret menu". Look on line a description of these items. Here is one link: http://daviswiki.org/In-N-Out_Secret_Menu

And here is truly the best "secret menu" link out there...

http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

And here for a printable PDF...

http://www.badmouth.net/graphics/inout/Secret_Menu.pdf

I always get the grilled cheese, with fries well done, animal style mix on the side...

;)

There is one on North Gaffey St. in San Pedro and a couple in Long Beach but it will take a local to tell you if they are within the 5 mile radius.

The long beach ones are further than 5 miles away. I am not as familiar with the locations in SP.

Man I hate to be the one who disagrees, but we had heard so much about In and Out Burger before our trip to LA in April of this year. So we found one and tried it out. I found nothing at all special about their burgers. Actually, if I found very little difference between them and Sonic. You guys need to come on down to Tennessee and I will show you what a hamburger is all about.

IN AND OUT BURGER = OVERRATED

Mmmmmmm......It's the sauce with grilled onions on top of fries. Gotta eat it with a fork and lots of napkins!

I forgot to mention the sauce! Yikes! It's the combo of the melted cheese, grilled onions, and the thousand island like sauce dripping all over those yummy hand cut, fresh fried, potato beauties! YUMMMM! Cardiologists turn away! These are not for the faint of heart (pun intended!). You GOTTA GET THESE!

Happy eating!

Man I hate to be the one who disagrees, but we had heard so much about In and Out Burger before our trip to LA in April of this year. So we found one and tried it out. I found nothing at all special about their burgers. Actually, if I found very little difference between them and Sonic. You guys need to come on down to Tennessee and I will show you what a hamburger is all about.

IN AND OUT BURGER = OVERRATED

Oddly, I lived in Knoxville for two years and found Sonic kind of ho-hum ..... although they do have killer shakes. :D

Hey TCF,

Here are the directions from google maps. Take a cab it's well worth the time and effort for these burgers. The directions are from the cruise pier. The address is for the in-n-out

Driving directions to 3102 Sports Arena Blvd, San Diego, CA 92110

4.1 mi – about 10 mins

N Harbor Dr

1. Head south on N Harbor Dr 0.1 mi

2. Make a U-turn 0.6 mi

3. Turn right at W Grape St 0.1 mi

4. Turn left at Pacific Hwy 2.1 mi

5. Slight left to stay on Pacific Hwy (signs for Pacific Hwy) 0.8 mi

6. Turn left at Rosecrans St 0.4 mi

7. Continue on Sports Arena Blvd 285 ft

3102 Sports Arena Blvd, San Diego

Please be safe when leaving the LAX terminal and walking around. It is not the best area.

The area right along Century with all the airport hotels is fine, and so is Sepulveda up to In n Out especially during daylight hours. The area to the north of LAX is generally OK, I agree there are some iffy areas to the east and south. Normal precautions make sense, the same as anywhere else.

Yes, Sonic is ho-hum....that is why I compared it similarly to In and Out Burger....I was referring to some local burger places here when I said to come down to Tennessee for a real burger. We live in West Tennessee and have several outstanding greasy spoons near us. But to each his own....In and Out was just average for me though. No big deal one way or the other. I did like the grilled onions!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, Sonic is ho-hum....that is why I compared it similarly to In and Out Burger....I was referring to some local burger places here when I said to come down to Tennessee for a real burger. We live in West Tennessee and have several outstanding greasy spoons near us. But to each his own....In and Out was just average for me though. No big deal one way or the other. I did like the grilled onions!

See you are comparing apples to oranges...;)

We've got lots of "local" burger places in LA that are absolutely amazing too.

In N Out is fast food. But simply the freshest and best quality fast food there is available. Nothing frozen. Made fresh right when you order. The french fries are literally cut from a raw potato right in front of you, then right into the fryer! It's all about subtle fresh flavor quality here.

That being said...

Guess where I was yesterday?

Check the upper right corner of both of these pictures, so you can see just how close to LAX this In N Out is...

d70b142bba28b9f399298f6222089d19.jpg

a6b81f89f50a4187954c2f09c0a048f4.jpg

Great to hang out and watch the planes land...

:cool:

*heaves huge sigh*

OK, that does it. You guys have driven me to the brink. Since I can't handle (time or money-wise) a 36 hour train trip to LA or Vegas for some In-N-Out, I'm going to take a three hour train trip up to Vancouver to Granville Island Pubic Market to get some Shanghai Noodles to make me feel better. Then, when I get back, I'm going to take a two hour bus ride down to Tacoma to get some Carl's Junior and to Federal Way to get some Del Taco.....and it's all your fault....(just kidding..not about going after fast food, but...)

I'm outta here.........:D

Archived