Century Aquaspa?!?!

Saylor

The AquaSpa?!?!

What is this exactly? What features does it have? i.e. Spa, pool, etc? What is the difference between the Aquaspa, T-Pool and a regular jacuuzi out by the swimming pool? Does the Century even have a T-pool? I am confused on all the above.....Thanks to all in advance who can clear it up for me!!!

The aqua spa is the on-board 'salon' that offers a variety of services. Hair, nails, massages, facials, stuff like that. The 'T-pool' (thalassotherapy pool) is 'in' the aqua spa.

The differences between the t-pool and the regular jacuzzi is that the t-pool (on century anyway) is much bigger... also stronger 'jets' in the t-pool.

T-pool is one of the best C-class features. The M-class ship t-pools are a weak imitation. At Celeb website, from "Fleet" link, pick Century, theres a pic of T-pool in the on board highlights area. I hear its $60 per week but you can try a 1-day pass to see if you like it and they usually apply the $10 to the week pass if you upgrade. Also, in the past they've offered a free pre-spa treatment visit to T-pool, but you may have to ask. Water is about 94 degrees treated saltwater that can fade some suits, so wear an old one. Actually, the industrial strength water jets can substitute for a massage as you maneuver around to hit the areas you want.

Past policy was under 18 not allowed and that (hopefully) is still the rule - hence its usally a small quiet uncrowded relaxing experience. I know its one of our first visits on our Jan05 Century trip.

This was one of my favorite features on Mercury. Cruisecritic members had advised me that this was a wonderful thing, so I opted to buy a week pass on night one for $50 and I was not sorry! I never found it crowded on our trip to Alaska, even on sea day. It was deep! I'm 5'6" and it easily was midchest in the "deep" spots-I paddled around a bit even. There were tons of dry towels in the locker room, as well as full locker room facilites with a sauna-ahhhh, bliss.

The one-use pass for the t-pool is $20. If you use it, leave and want to use it again even on the same day it would be another $20. $60 for unlimited use is a good deal. It was just expensive enough to keep the crowds away but not too expensive if you will use it several times. The t-pool was just above body temperature so you could stay in for a long time.

T-pool is one of the best C-class features. The M-class ship t-pools are a weak imitation. At Celeb website, from "Fleet" link, pick Century, theres a pic of T-pool in the on board highlights area. I hear its $60 per week but you can try a 1-day pass to see if you like it and they usually apply the $10 to the week pass if you upgrade. Also, in the past they've offered a free pre-spa treatment visit to T-pool, but you may have to ask. Water is about 94 degrees treated saltwater that can fade some suits, so wear an old one. Actually, the industrial strength water jets can substitute for a massage as you maneuver around to hit the areas you want.

Past policy was under 18 not allowed and that (hopefully) is still the rule - hence its usally a small quiet uncrowded relaxing experience. I know its one of our first visits on our Jan05 Century trip.

Is the fee for the t-pool only? I heard if you buy a treatment, you can visit the t-pool for free? Is this true? Thanks for all of your advice! Saylor

I know you get unlimited use of the T-pool if you purchase a spa package, but I'm not sure about just purchasing one treatment. Another great perk of the t-pool is that it follows the same hours as the spa, so it's open until 10 or 11pm. Nothing better than relaxing in the t-pool and then heading to bed!

The T-pool is free for Elite Captains club members as well as passengers staying in suites. If you book a spa treatment, the T-pool use is included for that day only. If you have a spa treatment on day 1, you do not get free T-pool use the rest of the cruise, only day 1, unless of course you have a spa treatment everyday, stay in a suite or are at Elite status. It is well worth the cost if you do have to pay for it, however!

Just a word of caution:

I have found that the T-Pool prices vary from ship to ship on the Century class ships. On Galaxy it was 99 for the week or 15 for the day. On Century it was 60 for the week or 20 for the day. I question the reasoning behind it as the pools were identical in size. Not sure about Mercury because we had a suite and it was free.

Archived