10/28 Ecstacy due in Galveston now!

p2lockhart

TJohn,

The Tremont is out of camera range to the left of the harbor, about even with the ship...two blocks inland. The Tremont backs up to the Strand

Guestrooms at the Tremont House

Front Door of the Tremont House

(the terminal is two blocks behind the Tremont House)

(If you stay at the Tremont, check out the Phoenix for great sandwiches and desserts and pastries. Walk out the front door, turn left, go to the end of the block and cross the street, turn left, and it's set in a little garden past the first store. Outside tables, inside tables...good food. I also highly recommend the Saltwater Grill or Yaga Cafe for lunch or dinner...they both are walking distance from the Tremont. )

I don't think it is the Tremont. I think the Tremont is only about 4 stories and is Victorian in architecture. But I am sure Stir will enlighten me if I am wrong or tell us what that that building you're asking about is if I am correct.

I think that might be the Shearn Moody Building, where the Railroad Museum is located...but I'm gonna take a trek down there tomorrow to see!

Thanks Stir and p2, Never been to Galveston and did know. We will be at the Tremont on the 14th before our Ecstasy cruise. If you get a chance maybe you could by for a coffee or drink.

I'll be around on the 13th, Saturday, but have to go back to Sugar Land (there is no Equal) on Sunday for a recital (ugh!).

One night in Galveston is NOT enough, TJohn!! There is so much to see and do! You'll need to book another cruise and a pre- or post- cruise stay in our fair city!

Galveston is a great town. We used to rent a beach house for a week every summer a few miles out of town where you can't drive on the beach. But once the kids got older and cruise ships arrived, we switched to cruising. No cooking or picking up after people on the ship. I do miss a week in the sand, though.

I would love to come down on the 13th, but I have to work until 6 am Sunday morning. We will probably be making a few more trips down that way in the futrue. I have even been looking on some sites at houses. May just up and move there once the DD gets out of school.

Tell em to shove off Tjohn and dont go to work on Sunday!:o

Wish I could, but since my area of repair responsibilty is world wide, I don't think the boss would appreciate it. I am only the backup on call person anyways so I just kind of have to be available, not really do any work.

Stir, for some reason I can't get your cam to work. Your place sounds heavenly. We always got the same house each year, right on the sand, front row. Loved it.

Hmmm...I just checked it from the link in my sig and it's working fine...a little dirty on the lens, but working fine.

It takes about 30 seconds for it to load on my DSL line...maybe you didn't wait long enough?

I've been blessed with a hubby who indulges my expensive sea related habits!

Archived