Whats the name of the hotel across the street from the cruiseship pier in Miami.

There's a couple of hotels right there. The Holiday Inn (as has been mentioned) the Port of Miami Howard Johnsons (although I'm not sure it's a Howard Johnson's anymore), and nearby are the Marriott, a Hyatt, and a Days Inn. I've heard real bad things about the Howard Johnsons and Days Inn.

The last time we stayed over night near the pier was at the Holiday Inn. We had a Saturday departure, with my three kids (1,6,and 10 at the time). There was a "DJ Contest" going on across the street at the Bayside Marketplace, and it was extremely load until very late at night. To make matters worse, an electrical utility transformer blew out, so the hotel had to rely on generator back up power, which only kept the life safety stuff (like elevators and emergency hallway lighting) operational.

Needless to say, no A/C + loud noise next door = no sleep for the kids = real bad first few days on board:eek: (the pull out sofa was very uncomfortable as well, so I'm sure that didn't help). Obviously, this isn't the norm for the Holiday Inn, it was just a fluke that we happened to be there at the time.

Next time in, we're staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay:D. Great place to stay close to the pier and Bayside Marketplace. Most comfortable beds and pillows in town!

[quote name='bankofdad']Next time in, we're staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay:D. Great place to stay close to the pier and Bayside Marketplace. Most comfortable beds and pillows in town![/QUOTE]
The area between the Marriott Biscayne Bay and Bayside Marketplace is not one of the nicest or safest places to walk at night. It really is not as convenient as som other hotels such as the Sheraton and the Hyatt.

Holiday Inn Marina Park

We stayed there in April and had an "ok" experience. It certainly wasn't a 5 star hotel but it was comfortable for one night. We'd stay there again. It was a short, safe walk to Bayside marketplace and very easy to get to the pier the next day.

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=5][color=darkred]The Intercontinental just on the other side of the park from Bayside is an excellent place to stay. We've stayed there three times now and loved it.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=5][color=#8b0000]Strech[/color][/size][/font][/i]

• 1 month later...
We found the HO JO on line. I dont remember which site it was but was listed as at least a 3 star property. IT WAS NOT!!!! I DO NOT recommend it to anyone!
Customer service was non existant. We waited 3 hours (after being told that a shuttle would be there soon ..many times) for the shuttle. another group waited longer! that should have been a clue. Then the elevators didnt work. Getting service in the restaurant was a joke.
Several races, colors and nationalities were treated the same way.
I will NEVER stay there again!

Archived