Carnival Holiday-shopping in Cozumel

Bryant1

Does anyone know if there is a tender that takes you to Cozumel or where you can catch a cab into Cozumel without booking it through an excursion?

We were on this ship last year but took a snorkeling and beach trip and this time thought we would like to go into Cozumel, shop, see Senior Frogs in the morning and then a short excursion in the afternoon.

Thanks,

April

Does anyone know if there is a tender that takes you to Cozumel or where you can catch a cab into Cozumel without booking it through an excursion?

We were on this ship last year but took a snorkeling and beach trip and this time thought we would like to go into Cozumel, shop, see Senior Frogs in the morning and then a short excursion in the afternoon.

Thanks,

April

If you dock at Punta Langost (sp), then you will not have to take a taxi. You would just walk up the pier and cross the street. There you will find the town of San Miguel, which is the shopping district for Cozumel. Senor Frog, Carlos and Charlies, Hard Rock Cafe are all right there.

If you dock at the International pier, you will just walk down the pier and the taxis should be waiting for you. Just let them know you want to go to Senor Frogs and you'll be dropped off right in front. To get back to the ship, just flag a taxi and tell them you want to go to whateve pier or ship you started from.

When we went, and i have no clue where we docked, it was on RCI. There were people out there to tell you where to go. They told us it was $5 a cab ride, not per person. We just had to walk through a building and they were right out front. They took us to the main plaza, and then we got in and told him 5 dollars and he said yes. Surprisingly enough a lot of them speak english fairly well. Being in a tourist area they have no problem communicating. Dont be afraid to offer less in the shops. They told us where to go when we were ready to be picked up. I am thinking it was in front of a burger king, but I"m not sure. I may just be hungry. There were a bunch of taxis lined up. We just spent a few hours in town and went back to the ship to enjoy the quiet. I actually did almost all of my shopping after we went to the plaza back in the area at the port right in front of the ship.

If you are sailing Oct 18th or later, you will be docking at the Puerta Maya pier. There are plenty of taxis outside the port, you dont have to take an excursion. Taxi prices recently went up so plan on a few dollars more for the ride. It used to be $6 for the cab to go downtown.

Dave

If you are sailing Oct 18th or later, you will be docking at the Puerta Maya pier. There are plenty of taxis outside the port, you dont have to take an excursion. Taxi prices recently went up so plan on a few dollars more for the ride. It used to be $6 for the cab to go downtown.

Dave

I know the pier will be open by then...I wonder how many of the shops will be

"back" ????

They used to have so many shops right there...that you did not have to go into town to shop.

Archived