Bar Harbor - buying Cigarettes

martinimadam

There will be Rite Aid a few blocks away that sells cigarettes. I'm not sure about the pricing though. The last time I looked I know that they were over $6.00 a pack. We have very high taxes on cigarettes in Maine, I could be wrong on the price, they could be higher ... perhaps someone else knows for sure (I quit 2/20/2001). Jan

Jan - Thanks for the info. Living in Taxachusetts, I know the pain of the "sin" taxes. With the customs limit, and the fact that Bar Harbor will be the last port before we arrive in Ft. Lauderdale, thought I might need to replenish my store.

And good for you for quitting!!!!!

On the main street of shops leading from the pier there was a small tobacco shop mixed in with all the other stores. We were there last Thursday.

Since they go for $9.95/carton on the Indian reservation here I didn't bother checking prices. :)

Yes the store is called Joe's Smoke Shop

http://www.acadiainfo.com/joesmoke.htm ... I don't remember seeing any cigarettes as I've gone by (I haven't stopped) ... can't smoke inside the shop or bar area as all of Maine is non-smoking for bars, restaurants, etc.

We now have a new law (Old law for Bangor) ... One cannot smoke in a vehicle if there is a child under 16 in the vehicle. Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived