Pre paying gratuities

taysidetwo

Hi all,

We are on Independence on 4 Oct 08, (cant wait!!!! :D ) and was thinking about pre-paying gratuities.

Can I do this on the RCI website (have looked, but cant seem to find where!) or do I do this when we board?

We want to do the Wine and Dine package, so am I right in thinking that you need to do pre-pay for that (or is it MTD that I'm thinking of?!)

Help!!!!!!!

Judi x

Hi all,

We are on Independence on 4 Oct 08, (cant wait!!!! :D ) and was thinking about pre-paying gratuities.

Can I do this on the RCI website (have looked, but cant seem to find where!) or do I do this when we board?

We want to do the Wine and Dine package, so am I right in thinking that you need to do pre-pay for that (or is it MTD that I'm thinking of?!)

Help!!!!!!!

Judi x

If you booked your reservation with RCI then there is an area on your reservation that lets you chose prepay but they will charge them to your credit card now. I just wait until I get onboard as they will put a flyer in your room to fill out and hand in at Guest Relations (and then they magically appear on your shipboard account) plus they put a reminder in the daily paper. Later in the week they will leave envelopes and slips that show you've prepaid so you can give them to your room steward and your dining room attendants.

You can order the Wind & Dine package through Gifts & Gears (which means they will charge you now) but they also will have tables set up, for sure outside the Windjammer, taking those orders the day you board. We always just wait until we board.

Susan :)

Hi all,

Help!!!!!!!

Judi x

You must prepay gratuities to use MT dinning. You can pick your Wine & Dine package before you board.

The link for Wine & Dine is under Gifts & Gear -> shop Gifts & Gear on the RCI website. Enjoy :)

If you wish to have those two things out of the way and don't mind living without your money for the interim....it is a fine way to go.

It doesn't make the cruise any less expensive, but it just takes care of things in advance.

We are planning on doing both on our upcoming Vision transit of the canal.

Have a good one!!!!

If you have assigned dining you can pre pay your gratuities on board after you receive the service and decide if it was worth the suggested amount or more or less.

Or, as the OP asked you can do it in advance and not have to worry about it once on board.

There are times when not all the wines listed on the Wine & Dine package are available for a particular sailing. If one or two of the wines are particularly appealing to you, you might want to wait until you board to decide.

And like others said, if you buy ahead of time, you're giving RCI free use of your money. Personally, for both gratuities and W&D, I like to charge it to my SeaPass account. Depending on the timing of the credit card due dates, I get free use of their money for a month or two, rather than the opposite.

Archived