Allowed wine Carry On

Ken076

We're sailing Diamond Princess. New to Princess Line - the Princess Cruise Contract doesn't limit the amount of wine/champagne that can be carried on - is this the case? thanks, Ken

Yes. I've seen folks with a case of wine! We take 2 bottles and then buy in ports.

We'll be cruising on the Coral the 29th of November, we will fly into Acapulco and would like to know if anyone knows where we can purchase wine near the port in Acapulco. We would like to take wine on board when we check in. Thanks for any information you can provide.

The website states that one can bring a bottle of wine or champagne for each passenger. How does one bring more than that?

Trust us, just about all who have tried, have had NO problem bringing on more. DW and I brought two each, which in comparison to some, is a small amount.

We'll be cruising on the Coral the 29th of November, we will fly into Acapulco and would like to know if anyone knows where we can purchase wine near the port in Acapulco. We would like to take wine on board when we check in. Thanks for any information you can provide.

We have been to Acapulco on several cruises, and a couple of times looked for wine near the terminal. There is a liquor store across the street and to your left about a block, however we were not impressed. I would find another place in the city and cab there to find a good selection. Must be one.......... do a google search or something? I am sure that a city that size must have a good place to buy wine and be easier to get to. We were on foot, and its kind of a mess around there, with traffic and all. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

Julie

Did you ever "flash" your Cruise Contract or you personally know anyone who "flashed" the Cruise Contract when questioned about wine? Or is your post purely hypothetical?

the website (I could only find one reference to 1 bottle pp) isn't consistent with the Cruise Contract. If have several bottles pp in Carryon, and flash your Cruise Contract if questioned, there's not much they can say. ken

Sultan - Actually one person, the one who pointed out the Cruise Contract wording. It really wasn't worth it, as they had to delay the line to call a Supervisor, who shrugged his shoulders and waved the passenger on. The inconsistency is just irritating to us anal perfectionists!!! ken

We always bring wine on. Just cruised the Golden and walked on with 2 bottles each. In April we sailed the Sapphire and boarded with 2 bottles of liquor and several bottles of wine (it was a long cruise). No one cared. Princess seems very different about this than RCCL or CCL. I actually read a post from someone who claims their bottle packed in checked luggage was removed by RCCL and they had to pick the luggage up at security where they were given a receipt for the bottle. WOW. Guess for that and many reasons, we will stick with Princess.

Donna

I have always held a different view.

This has to do with interpretation of what is represented by the "Passage Contract". The Passage Contract does not include the ships rules and regulations. Rules and Regulations are distributed among a variety of materials -- Cruise Answer Place, Patter, Signs Posted on the Ship, Announcements of Muster, among others. As an example, I posted on the discussion on Formal Wear (still active), just because the Contract does not say anything specific about Smoking does not mean one can smoke in the Dining Room. What one can "get away" with is different from what the rules say. /Sultan

Sultan - Actually one person, the one who pointed out the Cruise Contract wording. It really wasn't worth it, as they had to delay the line to call a Supervisor, who shrugged his shoulders and waved the passenger on. The inconsistency is just irritating to us anal perfectionists!!! ken

On a previous thread about this same issue, someone mentioned that they took on a box of wine. Someone else said they took on a box of margarita. I have had the box wine but never margarita, as a matter of fact, haven't even ever seen it. Where do you get it? I didn't think that anything other than wine was allowed to be taken on board. Can anyone clarify?

sultan - I see your logic and agree! The Cruise contract is the governing document (narrowing the allowed alcohol down to wine/champagne) and the various ship's "documents" implement it (defining how much wine). I stand/sit corrected! ken

I tried to carry on a bottle of champagne last year on Royal Caribbean and it was confiscated! It was held until we got back to the US. I wanted it for sail away.

So reading this post, it is OK to bring a bottle on with Princess!??

The website states that one can bring a bottle of wine or champagne for each passenger. How does one bring more than that?

You are correct, the website does suggest just that, HOWEVER, the contract does not state any specific amount. But just as Sultan, siad, the contract dies not deal with the rules of specific ships

Archived