What's the latest on Princess??

laidbackin LA

What is the newest outrageous going-on, involving new attempts to grab your dollars?

It seems from reading reports today, they are now charging for Cranberry Juice, even at breakfast. Not sure why, as I don't even drink the nasty stuff, but that just irritated the heck outta me. :mad:

Next up, charges for orange, apple and that well sought after (by some) Prune. LOL

What is the newest outrageous going-on, involving new attempts to grab your dollars?

.....well.....I just got some great past passenger offers to sail on their ships for less than $80 / day through the Panama Canal and another to sail to South America........great deals.......from LA.......:)

Here is something I notices on our last cruise (Aug 08). When you get a drink at some venues there is a spot on the bill for "gratuity". I thought that was all covered in your $10..50 per day. Also isn't there already 15% added to the price of drinks to cover bar staff. I didn't notice it on our other cruises with princess.

Here is something I notices on our last cruise (Aug 08). When you get a drink at some venues there is a spot on the bill for "gratuity". I thought that was all covered in your $10..50 per day. Also isn't there already 15% added to the price of drinks to cover bar staff. I didn't notice it on our other cruises with princess.

Yes, they do add that 15% right on every bar bill. Guess they decided that some don't realize that and think they need to add a tip. To their surprise, they are tipping double!

Los Vegas offers some very good hotel deals for one reason and one reason only; to get the gamblers there to loose their money.

Cruise Lines are now beginning to see the wisdom in that and are offering fares for cabins at less than what one would pay for a large city flea bag. The cabin fee is, of course, a loss leader. They know that you as a captive market will, as you cruise, spend your money with them for such things as you're bar tab, tours, photographs, beauty treatments and now organic steaks, ice cream and special coffees. This list can and certainly will grow.

There is nothing offensive in all this for if you do not want to partake of their offerings, you needn't. Simply enjoy the ride, the sunshine (where applicable) and anything else that is inclusive of the "room rate" such as the hamburger and pizza outlets. The numerous separate "anytime" dinning rooms and the "specialty" reservation only restaurants are being developed with only one thing in mind and that we can leave to your imagination...

Many years ago, when the major cruise lines started adding the automatic 15% tip to drinks, they received many complaints from passengers who wanted the opportunity to give additional tips to top performers. So the cruise lines responded to the complaints by adding that line for additional tips.

Thus far they have not given any guns to the bar staff, so you needn't worry about anyone forcing you to add a tip if you are not inclined to do so.

Yes, they do add that 15% right on every bar bill. Guess they decided that some don't realize that and think they need to add a tip. To their surprise, they are tipping double!

Yes, Lovey and I noticed that they added 15 cents to the coffee we ordered in the bar. Can you imagine that? It worked out fine though as we shared the coffee. We are all for helping the poor out, however, they need to earn that 15 cents and not expect any more.

Archived