Phone Call From Rccl

Not sure how they arrived at that figure' date=' however, there were 6 of us in a RFS. The $160.00 credit was given to myself (Platinum) and my 1 friend (Gold ), and the other 4 friends were newbies and each got $30.00 credits...[/color']

That suggests they gave a certain percent of your cruise fare maybe?

Were you and your friend listed as Guest 1 and 2 (showing that you paid the most for the RFS) and the newbies were Guest 3-6 (showing that they paid the much lower rates for additional guests)

Received a phone call from RCCL in response to my complaint re: brown water on my Enchantment sailing 8/28-9/1. They gave me a $160.00 credit toward my next cruise...hmm...:o

Guess we should have complained to someone other than daily on the ship.... the Guest Services answer was to charge us for a bottle of water to brush our teeth:mad: That was mid-August... and we had a sewer smell in the bathroom for the entire trip! Our decision was just to never go on the Enchantment again.... Wish they would move that one to another RCI line!!! ... oh we were "only" in a JS

MNfamilycruiser: You're probably right! ;)

hmsdos: We did complain onboard, we were offered nothing. When I told the RCCL rep. that on the phone, after she asked if we were offered complimentary bottled water for the duration of the cruise, she said that should have been offered to us. :rolleyes:

Guess we should have complained to someone other than daily on the ship.... the Guest Services answer was to charge us for a bottle of water to brush our teeth:mad: That was mid-August... and we had a sewer smell in the bathroom for the entire trip! Our decision was just to never go on the Enchantment again.... Wish they would move that one to another RCI line!!! ... oh we were "only" in a JS

I have no idea what your cabin level has to do with the price of tea, should folks on deck 2 inside cabins expect nothing for their discomfort?

If I recall - (and forgive me if I have the wrong poster) didn't they offer free water and someone screwed up and put it on your seapass? If so, did you ask for it to be removed? Did you complain about all the above on your survey? Did you email or write RCCL after your cruise expressing your displeasure?

Not attacking - but I always have to ask when people complain on the boards, but have not followed up where it counts - directly with the cruise line.

I also ask when I hear about bad service or food in a restaurant, bad service in a store, bad product from a store, etc. If people don't complain where it will do either you or a future customer any good, then it is just griping.

Sorry about all the problems on your cruise, I would not have been happy in your shoes either. It is very easy for all of us to sit here and 2nd guess or Monday quarterback what should have been done. If it were me, I'm not sure how I would handle those problems. I hope I would push it up the chain of command on the ship. Fortunately for me, I was on Enchantment in May and had a wonderful cruise.

The ship is pretty limited to offering much in the way of compensation for items like this (but bottles of water should have been comp'd). You need to come home and call or write (I prefer write) RCCL explaining in detail what happened and that is your best bet.

I would still write a letter even though some time has passed. However, I would not say you are writing the letter because you seen others had received compensation on these boards.

I agree that it is a % of your price. When my bag took a swim in the ocean, they comp'd me X dollars and said it was based on a % of the price I paid.

Archived