Mazatlan - King David Tours

Elcruzer

I've used this company once before and we have horsebackriding booked on our next cruise. We used them for Stone Island tour. It was great. They took us on a boat ride to Stone Island and we ate at Molakay. And whenever I have a question they email me right away. I would recommend them.

I don't remember having to pay for chairs. We drank a lot so I could be wrong. My daughter got her hair braided at the restaurant. It truly was a fun day, apart from me leaving half my stuff there (shoes, some clothes), but guess that happens when you drink too much. The two activities we chose was banana boat and horseback riding. Both great choices.

I don't remember having to pay for chairs. We drank a lot so I could be wrong. My daughter got her hair braided at the restaurant. It truly was a fun day, apart from me leaving half my stuff there (shoes, some clothes), but guess that happens when you drink too much. The two activities we chose was banana boat and horseback riding. Both great choices.

:D Wow, it sounds like you had a fun day. We're thinking of doing the horseback riding and snorkeling. How long do they let you ride and are the horses pretty tame, haven't been riding in many, many years and and not that "young" anymore;) . Did they snorkle off the beach and do you know if the people who chose that enjoyed it.

Thanks for your input

When we went horse back riding we did it for a short time in the town area, not the beach. It was nice and the horse seemed tame, no problems. As far as snorkling I don't remember anyone doing that. We liked the banana boat. And the boat ride to Stone Island was nice. We had a great lunch at Molakay. Anyway hoped that helped.

We took them for the horseback riding last year and at that time they used the public water taxis to get to Stone Island. We did ride the horses on the beach 98% of the time and they are tame. They try to match the horse to the rider and you are allowed to gallop and run with the horse on the beach. It was a wonderful day. No one in the tour that day wanted to snorkle so after stopping for lunch we went back across the water. They do stop while on the beach with the horses and take your pic with your camera - a very thoughtful courtesy and a treasure. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

We took them for the horseback riding last year and at that time they used the public water taxis to get to Stone Island. We did ride the horses on the beach 98% of the time and they are tame. They try to match the horse to the rider and you are allowed to gallop and run with the horse on the beach. It was a wonderful day. No one in the tour that day wanted to snorkle so after stopping for lunch we went back across the water. They do stop while on the beach with the horses and take your pic with your camera - a very thoughtful courtesy and a treasure. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Did you take the Horseback Riding Tour or the Stone Island Tour, which includes horseback riding as an option. We are considering the Stone Island Tour because it seems to offer a lot. But am glad to hear all the positive views of this tour company.

Did you take the Horseback Riding Tour or the Stone Island Tour, which includes horseback riding as an option. We are considering the Stone Island Tour because it seems to offer a lot. But am glad to hear all the positive views of this tour company.

The horseback tour - the Stone Island tour only provides a ride thru the village. The village is very small and primitive. Guess it depends on what you what to do more. When we were there during Spring break there wasn't anyone else at the restaurant or in the water.

The horseback tour - the Stone Island tour only provides a ride thru the village. The village is very small and primitive. Guess it depends on what you what to do more. When we were there during Spring break there wasn't anyone else at the restaurant or in the water.

Oh, I was hoping to ride along the beach but will probably do the Stone Island Tour anyway. How is the beach, do they have chairs and umbrellas or shady spots? I know you didn't go in the water but did you notice if the floor was rocky, would you need swim shoes?

Thanks for all your info

I did this tour last week with King David. They have a section just for King David's tour with tables, chair, and shade from large umbrellas made from palm leaves. The beach was sandy and not rocky...I went in barefoot, but the sand to get to the water was hot!

Also on the Stone Island tour for the horseback riding, they do let you ride along the beach for a little bit after riding through the village.

I did this tour last week with King David. They have a section just for King David's tour with tables, chair, and shade from large umbrellas made from palm leaves. The beach was sandy and not rocky...I went in barefoot, but the sand to get to the water was hot!

Also on the Stone Island tour for the horseback riding, they do let you ride along the beach for a little bit after riding through the village.

Thanks Hana for the info. So, would you recommend this tour? Been reading about going on your own but it seems to involve alot of walking and I think King Kavid picks you up right at the pier? And the price includes lunch and actvities so don't think you would save much by doing it on your own. What activities did you choose? How many people were on the tour?

I highly recommend this tour since they pick you up right at the pier and they take care of everything for you. If you're afraid of getting lost and you're not comfortable in a foreign city, it's a good deal I think since food, drinks, transportation, and activities are included. It's definitely a better deal than buying the excursion from the cruise ship since they ended up in the same place as us.

I choose to do the horseback riding and the banana boat for my two activities. The banana boat ride could've been longer, but it was a good amount of time for the first time. It's a nice relaxing day at the beach and being with a tour guide just made me more comfortable since our tour guide took care of us. He never left our side and he was always there if we had a question. My bf loved the tour so much he gave a 50% tip :eek:

I highly recommend this tour since they pick you up right at the pier and they take care of everything for you. If you're afraid of getting lost and you're not comfortable in a foreign city, it's a good deal I think since food, drinks, transportation, and activities are included. It's definitely a better deal than buying the excursion from the cruise ship since they ended up in the same place as us.

I choose to do the horseback riding and the banana boat for my two activities. The banana boat ride could've been longer, but it was a good amount of time for the first time. It's a nice relaxing day at the beach and being with a tour guide just made me more comfortable since our tour guide took care of us. He never left our side and he was always there if we had a question. My bf loved the tour so much he gave a 50% tip :eek:

Thanks, I think you sold me on taking this tour:) . Did you see anyone snorkeling and if so do you know if it was good. Did they have lounge chairs and umbrellas for your use on the beach?

No one was snorkeling that day since the water was too murky ( I saw the water while on the banana boat and the visibility was bad). That was our original plan: horseback riding and snorkeling. We were a little sad, but it wouldn't make sense to snorkel if we can't see anything.

They have a special area just for people on King David's tour with chairs, table, and palm leaf umbrella. Most of the people on the tour didn't use the lounge chairs available since all of us became good friends with the people at their table. We sat with an Australian family and became good friends with them. I saw another table where about 10 people sat together and hung out.

Archived