Mexican Riveria SPIRIT 10/16 (aka No Stoppa in Ixtapa Cruise)

Goofballs

Has anyone gotten any compensation or credit in any form from Carnival for them pulling the Ixtapa/Zihautanejo stop (besides the $50 ship board credit)?

I know we have been through this for weeks now and it's well after the fact, but I am still going to write a letter to Carnival. It bothers me that our first day began at 9:00 pm yet they still call that DAY ONE of my eight day cruise. They should have billed it as a 7 day cruise.

Am I alone in this? Has anyone had any luck contacting Carnival or their TA?

Has anyone gotten any compensation or credit in any form from Carnival for them pulling the Ixtapa/Zihautanejo stop (besides the $50 ship board credit)?

I know we have been through this for weeks now and it's well after the fact, but I am still going to write a letter to Carnival. It bothers me that our first day began at 9:00 pm yet they still call that DAY ONE of my eight day cruise. They should have billed it as a 7 day cruise.

Am I alone in this? Has anyone had any luck contacting Carnival or their TA?

I sent letter before I left, while I was on the cruise, my travel agent received this letter:

....... In that conversation I explained that we received the letter from your guest and we are sorry to learn that the cancellation of our visit to Ixtapa did not meet his expectations. We apologize for this but unfortunately we have no control over situations like these. Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience your guests may have experienced.

To encourage your guests to sail with us again, we would like to offer them a two category upgrade (ie: inside to inside/oceanview to oceanview/balcony to balcony) if they rebook a group (8 cabins minimum) within 10 days after they return from their cruise. They would need to rebook around the same time period for their next cruise. In order to take advantage of this offer they would need to provide full per person deposits and names. In exchange we’ll confirm the two category upgrade and provide cabin numbers. This offer has no cash value, is non transferable and is not applicable during peak holiday travel times.

No and I can say it was not worth it. The extra time in Acapulco did not make up for the missed port. I found Acapulco dirty and the vendors very aggressive and rude. I am sure I would have enjoyed Ixatapa so much more. Will not take the 8 day again. The almost three full days at sea was way to much.

Archived