Formal nights 28 day

scamper01

Hi:

On our last 18 day TA cruise, this past March..with the sea days in the beginning, we had 6 formal nights. I think the rule of thumb is to add a formal night for every 5 days or so on the longer cruises. Since there are 2 sea days on the 10 day segment, I would say there will be 8 formal nights??

Scamper, we're on the same 28 day cruise with you. Let's start posting on our Roll Call to see if we can liven it up??

How many formal nights should we expect on a 28 day cruise? We will have16 days in port. Thanks

On a 24 day MED cruise on the Zuiderdam last April we had 5 Formal nights and 1 Formal-Optional night...There were only 3 sea days.

How many formal nights should we expect on a 28 day cruise? We will have 16 days in port. Thanks

We did a 28-nite Med/Black Sea cruise on the Rotterdam in '07 and a 26-nite West Europe/Baltic cruise on the Prinsendam in '08. Both were port-intensive Collectors Voyages with very few sea days. On each, we had 7 formal nites.

I would expect 6-8 formal nights, and probably the lower figure.

I've taken many cruises of 33-35 days, and those always had 8 formal nights. Your cruise is shorter, so I would expect fewer formal nights.

Archived