Barbados Luggage Storage

SoundByte

We're on the Pride's 11/22-11/29 voyage. Our plane doesn't leave until 7pm 11/29. We'd like to find a place to store our luggage so we can simply take the bus a few places and not have the expense of a rental car. I called Seabourn but they said they couldn't give me answer until we docked on the 29th and it depended on what time they left again. Is there a place close to the dock that stores luggage? Is it safe?

Perhaps buy a day pass at one of the hotels (Hilton, Crane, Coconut Court, etc.) leave your luggage and tour the Island by Taxi or car/driver. I've used Taxi's many times in Barbados and have always been pleased with the drivers.

As to rental cars, I think they are expensive and you'd need to drive on the left!

Happy Sailing

Martita B.

You might consider contacting a "tour" car/driver to pick you up at the cruise terminal on Nov. 29th (setting the tour rate before you leave) Take your luggage, tour Barbados, then be dropped off at the airport for your 7 pm flight.

I think this would be the easiest and less stressful way to enjoy your day ~~! I have used private car/drivers in Barbados for airport and hotel transfers. You can find a reliable driver on "Google."

Hope this helps!:p Have fun!

Martita B.

DW and I had a similar situation. We went to lunch at the Hilton and asked to store our luggage in the bell captain's closet. They were able to oblige us, although they were clearly doing it as a favor so I can't guarantee you would be able to do the same, but they are very accommodating.

Another suggestion would be to hire a car service for the day and leave luggage with car, maybe go to "The Cliff" for lunch, etc. I can strongly recommend "Tanzanite Car Service". We have used them for airport transfers, island tours, and evening reservations. Always been most pleased. http://www.tanzanitelimo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Soundbyte,we also disembark Pride 29/11/08 and have a late flight back to UK,6 30pm and are also considering ahire car for the day.Have youmanaged to get the car hire company to del to the cruise terminal or do you have tocollect ex rental depot

I would appreciate any information or a contact phone no or e mail no you have regarding your chosen rental company.We hopefully may meet you on board for a pre dinner drink during your holiday on board the Pride.Best Wishes.Woldsman.

/

Hi Woldsman,

We'd love to meet on ship and share a pre dinner drink! We couldn't find one of the US standards (Hertz/Avis etc.) that any vehicles left so we went with Drive A MATIC (http://carhire.tv/). Hopefully there will be no surprises. I will say they have been great so far. See below:

"In response to your queries, we deliver to the main gate at the port since we are not allowed entry into the port. You will therefore have to let your wife stay with the luggage while you go to the main gate to get the vehicle, after which you will be allowed entry where you will pick up your wife and the luggage. This vehicle will have a locked trunk.

We have an office at the airport where you will leave the car-park ticket and the key."

BARBADOS PORT PROCEDURES DELIVERY

As you leave the arrival area and come out the terminal, the agent will be there waiting for you on the outside of the main entrance. He shall be wearing a blue shirt or yellow polo shirt with the drive-a-matic logo written at the top. He will have a sign with your name printed on it.

All that was left was a tiny compact automatic or we'd consider sharing. Perhaps we can ask if they have a larger one but we have some specific things we'd like to see (Harrison's Cave/Welchman Gully/wildlife reserve/beaches).

We have also rented a car for Martinique but have to take a taxi to the rental office in Trois Illets. We'd like to rent a vehicle for Deshaies & St Vincent but so far have had no luck.

Look forward to meeting you.

Hi Soundbyte,we have booked a car for the day now.We found a company who have an office at the side of the cruise terminalso will collect there and leave at the a/p approx 4pm.The cost for the day is approx u/s 80,but we have got amedium sized car.We will look out for you from the sky bar late afternoon on 22/11,after your life drill meeting.Carol and myself are looking forward to our trip and we are so pleased we purchased our dollars in March rather than now.Only 14 days before we depart UK and head for F/L .We are there on the 10/11 to try and overcome the jet lag before we sail on 11th.Looking forward to meeting you later in the month.Best Regards,Terry[Woldsman].

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Woldsman,

You may not see this (you've left already - I'm so jealous!) but just in case ...

We've had a plane snafu & won't arrive in Barbados until 6:30pm on the 22nd. I'm guessing we won't get to the Pride until 7:30 or so. We plan on eating shortly after - probably 8pm. I'll look for you in the dining room or maybe be can have an after dinner cocktail.

Hope you're already having a blast!

Archived