Untruthful PCC or Simple Mistake?

Hello Everyone- I read and learn so much on here that I would like to ask your opinions. With a nice price drop on an AF cabin on the Pearl for next November on which I was already booked in an aft BA, I called my PCC after verifing on line that the aft AF's where still open. I requested 11154 but as she was about to go to a meeting, she couldnt help me then. I asked her if someone else could as I didnt want to miss out on the aft AF's and she said no so I suggested I put a hold on it online. She said she'd take care of it and took my cabin preference again and my booking #. One hour later she calls back saying it's already taken. I asked about the ones next door, nope already taken she says. I said well when I was talking to you they where open, and when you said you'd handle it I thought it would be done then so as I dont miss my chance. Sorry she says but she would keep checking and let me know. Well I called back and waited for any old PCC to answer and surprise my cabin choice was open. In fact all the aft AF's where still open. Not sure why she would have lied or how she could mistake them all as being snatched up so the new PCC switched me with no trouble. So my question is should I send a complaint email as my original PCC didnt exactly show good custmoer service with this "mistake"? I respect what most of you say in comments which is why I ask. Thank you ahead of time to anyone who cares to respond. :)

I think before I filed a complaint I would talk to the PCC. If this is her first offense then I would just let her know how disappointed you are in her mistakes. Personnally, I would not use her in the future because you will, more than likely, have doubts her capabilities.

I think before I filed a complaint I would talk to the PCC. If this is her first offense then I would just let her know how disappointed you are in her mistakes. Personnally, I would not use her in the future because you will, more than likely, have doubts her capabilities.

good idea, it is always chancy and not always fair to report someone, but it does seem like she didn't give a damn.

NIta

I am one of those that reports bad service as well as good service. However, I always try to give the rep the benefit of the doubt if it comes to them making a mistake. A mistake is totally different than a rep seeming uncaring our out right rude.

If I were to send a concern into NCL over the situtation you described, I might go at it with the angle of " I'm concerned that your system would allow one rep to find it but not the other". That give NCL the burden to find out if it was the rep's fault or the systems fault. That is if they care enough to even investigate the issue. I swear it seems like so few companies care any more.. NCL or any other company for that matter.

Even with that said, I still make a report when I feel it is needed.. at least I have done my part. Would be hard to blame the company for not caring if I did nothing to report the issue.

We booked our back to back Caribbean cruise back in March and our cabin is still showing as available for the 2nd week on the cruise. Am I worried NO because the worse that can happen is they will have to upgrade me at their cost. So anything is possible for the PCC to screw up.

Archived