Coral Princess or Celebrity Mercury?

bicoastalbabe

I have spent 8 weeks on the Mercury, 5 and 2 weeks (respectively) on her sister ships, Galaxy and Century. While I think it is hard to beat Celebrity's food, their dining service, and the dining experience in general, I think that these ships have seen their better days. I know the Century was re-done, and is supposed to be extremely elegant now, but I'm still not sure I'd take the chance. When I think back to my incredible experiences on those ships (and they are among my favorite cruises), it is not the ship I remember as much as the service, the friendliness of the crew, the quality of the food and the itineraries I was on.

I think the entertainment on Celebrity's larger ships is better than Princess's, but found the entertainment on the C Class ships a bit limited and boring. I do think Celebrity has excellent dance bands, but Princess is likely to have more variety.

If you're a beef lover, you might be disappointed in Princess's menus v. Celebrity's, but Princess does some items better than Celebrity.

Also, all of Celebrity's "C" class ships have vibrations on the lower deck, mostly while the ship is leaving port. Don't know why.

Very true, and, unfortunately this is often during main seating in the dining room, which is right above the vibration. It's been that way since my first cruise on a C class ship in 1999, and apparantly it can't be remedied because it was still that way in October 2007 when I was on the Mercury.

Archived