Coffee in International cafe

aquagirl1

Where do you purchase coffee on the Caribbean Princess? I can't find an International Cafe.

You are right. There is no International Cafe on the Caribbean Princess...yet. The Lobby Bar on Plaza deck is where you would get your brewed and specialty coffees. After the CB's drydock in January '09, there will be an International Cafe in that spot.

I'll answer this based on my last cruise on Dawn Princess November of 06.......ya it was a while ago, you want better data, look me up in a couple of weeks.

I bought a coffee card.....at 7 every morning the atrium bar would open and I would get a latte to go, one punch (oh, the card was 25 plus 15%) and 15 punches.

One morning I asked for a regular brewed coffee and was told it was also one punch and "you may as well order the latte." which I did.

I'm a coffee snob, grind my own etc etc. The first cruise we ever went on I actually took a 2 cup coffee maker. That was my first and last with that thing. Ya, the coffee isn't that great but like serene56 wrote, try it yourself.

I never saw a charge for tea.

That's just one more miscommunication amongst the staff. Regular brewed coffee is unlimited with the coffee card, as long as you have at least one punch left on it. Somehow, a few members of staff didn't get the memo. We ran into one last year on CB. One of the bartenders tried to punch the card for a regular brewed coffee. When we explained to him that they were unlimited with the card, he insisted the card must be punched. Later on that day, the regular bartender for that bar came back and said that he shouldn't have punched the card. She later explained to her coworker how the coffee card worked. After that incident, we didn't have any other problems.

FYI: On the Crown I never gave them my coffee card; just flashed it or laid it on the counter holding it in my hand. After numerous visits they knew me and didn't even want to see it.

Thinking - not her again? :rolleyes:

Sorry Pia I couldn't resist....:D

Archived