Highly Recommend Mazatlan Tour

DesertSailors

We just returned from the Mexican Riviera and thoroughly enjoyed our visit in Mazatlan. Mazatlan Frank provided an awesome day from start to finish. He is friendly, informative, and a pleasure to spend the day with. If you have an opportunity to visit there and take a tour with Frank, you'll enjoy yourself!

• 3 weeks later...

Frank met us at the pier last Wednesday and gave us a wonderful tour of Mazatlan. He was punctual, greeting us with a big smile and a sign displaying our name. I can't imagine how the tour could have been any better -- good sightseeing, a little history, a little shopping, a peek into residential areas, and beautiful weather -- just a good overview of the city, which is what I like most when I visit somewhere new. The open-air trolley made it much more fun than being in an enclosed bus, too. It was a definite highlight of our cruise and an opportunity not to be missed. Wish Frank could have been in Cabo san Lucas and Puerto Vallarta, too!

We just returned from a week-long Thanksgiving tour on the Diamond Princess. The highlight of our vacation was the Sierra Madre tour we took with Frank Thiel-Armenta. It was like traveling with a friend. Frank is so personable and knowledgeable. And it was wonderful to have our own personal guide and to be able to travel at our own pace. It was a great pleasure to see the lush mountain landscape and to see local artisans at work. When we returned from our visit to the historic villages of Concordia and Copala we were treated to an overview of Mazatlan itself. We ended the day feeling that Mazatlan was our home, too. If you would like to arrange a tour with Frank, you can e-mail him at: fkole2000@hotmail.com

Louise and Frank Haiman:D

Thank you all for all the info on Frank. I have e-mailed him, he has responded, now it looks like I have to postpone my trip. However, once we reschedule I will definately get in touch with him based on al the wonderful info I have gotten from you.

Thanks again, Gail

I would like to add my voice to those singing the praises of Mazatlan Frank. Our group of 17 was on the Carnival Pride and were with Frank on Thursday, Dec. 2, 2004. Each person in our group throughly enjoyed our time with him. We saw several different areas of the city, had time to shop, eat, drink and also to enjoy Frank. He even helped bring our lunch out at the restaurant!! Frank makes sure that you come away with a real positive feel for his city. My husband and I are planning to go back to Mexico in 2006 and hope Frank is still there. We could not have had a better tour experience. I too wish there were Frank clones in the other cities on our cruise. He does everything he possibly can to make sure you enjoy your day in the city. I HIGHLY recommend Frank!!

We just returned from the Mexican Riviera and thoroughly enjoyed our visit in Mazatlan. Mazatlan Frank provided an awesome day from start to finish. He is friendly, informative, and a pleasure to spend the day with. If you have an opportunity to visit there and take a tour with Frank, you'll enjoy yourself!

We sailed on the Saphirre Princess last November. Our favorite day by far was Mazatlan because of the great tour that Frank gave us. We not only visited all the highlights of the Island, he took us to a newspaper place for a USA and we visited a leather shop (at our request). Lunch was great up in the mountains, scenery spectuclar, toured a private home, visited a site above the city for pictures with the ship in the background, and so much more. The Pacificas were mighty tasty also.

Hope we can find similare guides in Greece and Turkey next spring.

Val Tom Cathy and Eric.

clvali

Frank has a large van or two and will customize your tour to whatever you want to do or see. He charges by the hour and the rate per person goes down with the number of people you have. I haven't been on his tour but have talked with him several times and would not be afraid to do, especially if I had more than two people. Correct info Frank?

Archived